Results 1 to 2 of 2
#1 Somebody gets it and the DUmmies are pissed!
03-22-2012, 11:55 PMhttp://www.democraticunderground.com...002&pid=455579
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
One thing that REALLY bothers me is about the shooting in Florida, Trayvon's photo [View all]
Last edited Thu Mar 22, 2012, 10:03 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
Why do they keep using this photo?
At first I thought he was the youngest 17 yo that I had ever seen, but then I found out that this picture is from several years ago.
This is in no way trying to defend Zimmerman. Personally, I think there needs to be a massive, thorough, INDEPENDENT investigation immediately.
Calling out the lies. Go Snake Alchemist!
But get a load of this answer:
rubberducky (2,395 posts)
1. Perhaps because some people need to be reminded that he was a very
INNOCENT, young kid. He was just a kid, could have been yours, could have been mine. What seems to be your problem with showing him as he was?
Snake Alchemist makes the argument:
2. What if they showed a slim, younger Zimmerman in a tux at a wedding?
3. Oh well, we'd just say "Hey, that good looking young guy has GOT to be innocent"!
I'm sure I don't need a sarcasm thingy, do I ?
5. Some would. Same reason why tall people, and good looking people are generally more successful.
4. Would that change the fact that he killed a young man?
I really couldn`t care less if he was wearing a superman costume. The man pulled his gun and took the life of Trayvon. I really couln`t care less if they showed us pics of Zimmerman as tiny baby, what he did is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. From the tapes, Zimmerman hunted down this teenager because he didn`t seem to belong in Zimmerman`s imagined terrritory. Maybe you are one of those people who think if Trayvon was armed this wouldn`t have happened this way. Just what we need are more guns! If we all had guns we could just kill whoever we thought MIGHT harm us!
Gotta love Snakey though:
6. No of course not, but why use a photo from years ago? There has to be a reason.
If I had to put money on it, I would say it was a way to boost ratings and sell more newspapers.
One more thing about this thread:
9. Could be. I think Zimmerman's is a mugshot though. nt
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|