Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 DeMint calls for GOP assessment of race, praises Romney 
    Quote Originally Posted by CNN
    Washington (CNN) - Sen. Jim DeMint, the South Carolina Republican and tea party favorite, said Thursday he was 'excited' about the possibility of Mitt Romney becoming the GOP presidential nominee.

While not an outright endorsement, it is the closest the Republican kingmaker has come to making his preference known in the race for the White House.
    CNN News Link

Oh that DAMN RINO Sen. Jim DeMInt!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? I knew you couldn't trust that tea party wannabe...Probably being paid to say those things by the Obama campaign because we all know as TRUE CONSERVATIVES the flip-flop Romney can't beat Obama...No sir, We need to get back to supporting Santorum who said that he too would prefer Obama over Romney because they are just alike........Nope, Jim Demint is a traitor of the first order and as a TRUE CONSERVATIVE we need to run him out of the party.

I'm getting the feeling that this GOP race is about to be settled. I know Santorum is going to take PA - if he lasts that long - and he's real excited about that. But winning your home state ain't exactly knocking it outta the park. Even Newt took his home state. Which is more than we can say about Albert Gore.

Anyway, it looks like we're all going to meet at the Romney camp. And if you look at the states that pushed Obama over the top last time, well, danged if Mitt ain't sitting right in the middle of them. And one of Mitt's greatest, most vocal, earliest supporters is Gov of NJ, too. Add Rubio as VP, and Barry should just stay home, but that would be too much to hope for.

No, Barry will smile, predict, smirk, jog up to podium after podium, but in the end the voters will have their way. Finally.

Mountain, we can say the same about that Jeb Bush feller too.

I have to wonder why people on this board think that the Republican Party is serious about being a conservative party. On what? Small government? The Constitution? Fiscal conservatism & Balanced Budgets? Personal Freedoms and Liberty? Sanctity of life? Free markets? National Sovereignty?

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I have to wonder why people on this board think that the Republican Party is serious about being a conservative party...
    I have no clue as to where you draw this conclusion from. (I am speaking about the GOP)

We want to steer them in that (conservative, constitutional) direction because many/ most of them are clearly neo statists who are perfectly happy "trimming around the edges", "appearing to be conservative" in the process of maintaining and increasing their own power base and therefor are part of the problem.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    I have no clue as to where you draw this conclusion from. (I am speaking about the GOP)

We want to steer them in that (conservative, constitutional) direction because many/ most of them are clearly neo statists who are perfectly happy "trimming around the edges", "appearing to be conservative" in the process of maintaining and increasing their own power base and therefor are part of the problem.
    Do you consider Romney part of the problem?

I do. But in the end ... its still AB0.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Yes, but we can also make him part of the solution. Romney cannot get elected without conservative support, and he certainly cannot govern without it. Trying to play the moderate by governing a coalition of RINOs and Dems will destroy his presidency. We need to take the opportunity to get him to commit to basic conservative positions on key issues, like Obamacare repeal and entitlement reform. If we can accomplish that, then we'll be able to turn the worst of the Democratic Party's statist initiaties around. Rome wasn't built in a day, and it didn't collapse in one, either, and there were periods of renewal and restoration of first principles during the Republic. It will take time to reverse the decline that the Dems are trying to impose, but if Marius could do it, we can.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

The leaders of the Republican Party are either ready to smile for the cameras or they think Romney will be a squish while in office and just sign their bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The leaders of the Republican Party are either ready to smile for the cameras or they think Romney will be a squish while in office and just sign their bills.
    And, for all we know, they may be right, but we do know what Obama has been like for the last four years, and I do not believe that the country can endure another four of his administration and remain a global power. He must be defeated.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!