Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Actually, I am a cynic. In this case, I think his empathy is genuine.

Fluke was a stunt; this one hits home.

He inserting himself into local matters because it feeds the mob and makes Al Sharpton proud. He's not genuine. If he were genuine he would ask the mob to let the local authorities investigate and do their job. He would support law enforcement and not inflate an already divided relationship between blacks and the POlice. He would offer his condolences to von Martin's parents and ask them for patience. He would tell them that the Governor of Florida has appointed a Special Prosecuter that is bringing this to the Grand Jury to decide whether it will go to trial. But, he's not doing any of that, he's just escalating the tension.
    Last edited by Hawkgirl; 03-23-2012 at 05:48 PM.

You didn't think Fluke was a stunt here or anywhere else when you discussed it, should we just assume your default mode is fraud or liar?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Power CUer

That fucking asshole is showing some empathy for the parents of kid gunned down while walking home. Good Lord, what a dick.
    You know, I'd like to actually believe that he gives a damn, but I don't. I think he cared far more about Skip Gates (the beer summit professor); Gates was a personal friend of his and Michelle's.

The Civil Rights establishment has not been happy with Obama. Coming from their perspective, Obama has not done a lot for blacks, other than being Black in office. Dr. Cornell West has been particularly harsh on him, and has expressed his thoughts not only in writing but on Bill Maher, where the left will actually hear him. West has a lot of clout in the movement as a professor at Princeton.

But, the 2012 election is going to be tight. Polls go back and forth, but Obama can lose this one and his people know it. His 2008 win came about on the heels of the Bush presidency, which so upset the Democratic base that they would have voted for a shoe with a (D) after its name. This year, the base is not nearly so enthusiastic. Obama's record on civil liberties is appalling, and the fact that he has given himself permission to shoot American citizens without due process (or "judicial process" as Eric Holder might say) makes many people on both sides of the aisle unwilling to vote for him. Obama's record on the economy is being prettied up for the election, but people paying attention remember his first appointments: Summers and Geithner, the two men that created the grand theft of middle class assets in 2008, a.k.a. the "recession". And the college students who voted for him are now saddled with a ton of student loan debt and Obama is offering no relief. Don't forget, too, about all those people in forclosure and Obama's created-to-fail mortgage relief program.

So yeah, the liberal base is not happy with him. And Obama needs them this year. He is no longer the new exciting "historical" candidate who gets votes on that basis alone. He is just another President with a spotty record. So what's the strategy for re-election?

1. Occupy Wall Street, being run by Obama's "Karl Rove" in conjunction with SEIU, ACORN and the other usual suspects. This is to get the young people, the older hippies, and people frustrated with their fall into financial hardship. The fact that Occupy isn't doing a damned thing about Wall Street or Washington's greed for Wall Street dollars doesn't matter if the left wing base feels like they are. Meanwhile, Occupy is costing municipalities a fortune in public services and clean-up. The kicker, of course, is that Obama's biggest donor in 2008 was Goldman-Sachs.

2.The War on Women, being aided and abetted by Media Matters, MSNBC, and the internet. This is to get a massive turnout of women to the polls, especially single, sexually active women. The Democrats always need women to win. In 2008, they weren't as desperate for women because the momentum was on their side, especially with independents . Back then, Obama's people didn't care if they lost a few Hillary voters to the McCain/Palin ticket (the PUMAs if you recall) and they didn't care if they alarmed feminist groups by softening the abortion rights language in the Democratic platform. But now, in 2012, they NEED women back, so Obama is giving out free contraception with Obamacare. If you disagree with that, you are at "war" with women, by definition.

3. Trayvon Martin being aided and abetted by Al Sharpton, MSNBC, the mainstream media, the Congressional Black Caucus, and every civil rights group that can be bought and dragged into it. (Let's hope Cornell West is smart enough to stay away from this media juggernaut.) This is to get a massive Black vote out, especially now with new Voter ID laws in effect which will stop fraud. Here again, Obama hasn't done much for Blacks, but arresting and convicting George Zimmerman (of anything) will make Blacks feel as if he is. The message of the Trayvon Martin case is that Emmott Till is alive and well, white people will lynch you (even if they're really Hispanic), and only Obama can save the African American community from annihilation. Oh, and by the way, guns are bad, so you gun control types can feel good about voting for Obama, even though he hasn't touched gun control because most Americans are for the 2nd amendment.

It's an election year.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-23-2012 at 07:13 PM.

Actually, if Obama had a son, wouldn't he look like this? This is the French Muslim terrorist who died this week.

Looks like Barry and Michelle are having problems in the bedroom. She's probably holding an aspirin between her knees.

This is just his way of signaling to her that "yo, I want some and I want a boy this time".
    Be Not Afraid.

"But my main message is to the parents of Trayvon Martin. You know, if I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon,"

That fucking asshole is showing some empathy for the parents of kid gunned down while walking home. Good Lord, what a dick.

We are supposed to figure if it happen to one of our kids, we would just accept it and move one.
    So you're perfectly OK with him politicizing this? What am I saying, of course you are. Oh, BTW, there are still families of fallen soldiers, police officers, and firemen who are still waiting for their 'empathetic' president to call them. See the correlation? Didn't think so.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Can you do me a favor? Can you go find a quote from Obama where he made the same comment about the 6 year old little girl gunned down in OBAMA'S HOME TOWN last week, shot in a drive by? I'll wait. But don't bother, you won't find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    His 2008 win came about on the heels of the Bush presidency, which so upset the Democratic base that they would have voted for a shoe with a (D) after its name.
    The irony is that we'd be much better off with the shoe.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    The irony is that we'd be much better off with the shoe.
    Yes, and any shoe. Even an old, worn out boot would do. A boot can't shoot American citizens.

We are supposed to figure if it happen to one of our kids, we would just accept it and move one.
    I'm just not buying it AD. But hey, if you're interested, prove me wrong. Has Barry come out like this at any other time since 2009? Give me three examples. One for each year since '09.

Surely he has shown empathy for a kid needlessly killed where the shooter was not charged. From what I've been reading regarding the outrage white dudes are killing black dudes all over the country on an almost daily basis and the cops are not doing anything about it. There has to be more examples of Barry's kids out there.

Hell, I'll give him a pass right now if anyone from his administration apologizes to the family of that boarder agent that was killed with the Fast and Furious weapon.
    Be Not Afraid.