Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 2 US men arrested on gay cruise in Caribbean 
    link

Star Member joeybee12 (36,218 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

2 US men arrested on gay cruise in Caribbean
    Two California men on a gay cruise of the Caribbean were arrested Wednesday in Dominica, where sex between two men is illegal.

Police Constable John George said police boarded the cruise ship and arrested the two men on suspicion of indecent exposure and "buggery," a term equivalent to sodomy on the island. He identified the men as John Robert Hart, 41, and Dennis Jay Mayer, 43, but did not provide their hometowns.

George said the men were seen having sex on the Celebrity Summit cruise ship by someone on the dock.

The two were later charged with indecent exposure and are scheduled to appear before a magistrate Thursday morning. If found guilty, they could be fined $370 each and face up to six months in jail.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46821004/ns/travel-news/
    Star Member Mz Pip (22,723 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    1. Why would a cruise line

that had gay cruises go to an island where gay sex is illegal? Someone didn't think that through when planning the cruise itinerary.
    Star Member Ian David (65,112 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    3. Why does a gay cruise organizer send cruises to islands where gays are not welcome?

Last edited Thu Mar 22, 2012, 09:33 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)
    Doesn't he think he would have more customers-- HAPPIER customers-- if they went to islands where they won't board your ship to arrest your clients for buggery?

There is no shortage of islands that are willing to happily take your money.
    Moonwalk (606 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. If the cruise line doesn't pay off the constable and judge and get these charges dropped...

...not only should these men sue, but the LGBT community should boycott the whole cruise line.
    According to these DUers the cruise line should have known that gay man can't control themselves and so they need to avoid places where homosexual behavior is outlawed. It's the cruise lines fault that they were arrested, dontcha know?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    link

According to these DUers the cruise line should have known that gay man can't control themselves and so they need to avoid places where homosexual behavior is outlawed. It's the cruise lines fault that they were arrested, dontcha know?
    There was a woman who lived next door to the gay beach in Treasure Island who repeatedly claimed to have seen men having sex. No one else seemed to ever see this, and trust me that I looked now and then. What she saw was men who were on the private property of the gay beach club embracing, kissing, and hanging out while disco music and parking annoyed her. The fact that the gay beach club was built 15 years before her house was didn't seem to interest her. The police treated her respectfully as a crank. The club and a couple of individuals offered to buy her house if she would like to move. She mostly liked to bitch.

Having said that, I thought that the gay cruises were going to stop going to Dominica a long time ago just because of the institutional stupidity there. I can't imagine how a cruise couldn't be considered complete without a visit to Hispaniola when you consider that it was generally considered the gateway of AIDS to the West.
    Last edited by Novaheart; 03-22-2012 at 09:33 PM.

In the open, on the deck, in broad daylight, what the hell did they expect!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    It's the cruise lines fault that they were arrested, dontcha know?
    Naturally. Now, if we could just get some Obama Bucks to pay for their bail.

I have news for these DUmmies, the cruise line has no intention of dropping Dominica as a destination. Looks like OccupyButtBoinkingBoat is under way.
    Be Not Afraid.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There was a woman who lived next door to the gay beach in Treasure Island who repeatedly claimed to have seen men having sex. No one else seemed to ever see this, and trust me that I looked now and then. What she saw was men who were on the private property of the gay beach club embracing, kissing, and hanging out while disco music and parking annoyed her.
    Could be one of them was blowing up an air mattress.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Could be one of them was blowing up an air mattress.
    What exactly do you think someone on the dock could see on the deck of a cruise ship, if indeed anything?

What exactly do you think someone on the dock could see on the deck of a cruise ship, if indeed anything?
    This is something I would not want a reenactment of, I take their word for it.
    Put them in jail and everyone will be happy, they can have all the public sex they want!

There was a woman who lived next door to the gay beach in Treasure Island who repeatedly claimed to have seen men having sex. No one else seemed to ever see this, and trust me that I looked now and then. What she saw was men who were on the private property of the gay beach club embracing, kissing, and hanging out while disco music and parking annoyed her. The fact that the gay beach club was built 15 years before her house was didn't seem to interest her. The police treated her respectfully as a crank. The club and a couple of individuals offered to buy her house if she would like to move. She mostly liked to bitch.

Having said that, I thought that the gay cruises were going to stop going to Dominica a long time ago just because of the institutional stupidity there. I can't imagine how a cruise couldn't be considered complete without a visit to Hispaniola when you consider that it was generally considered the gateway of AIDS to the West.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    What is the significance of a double amputee figure skating?

I don't know, I tend to think that if someone books a "gay cruise" there is a reasonable expectation it doesn't go to places where gay sex is illegal. Just sayin'