Thread: Cauliflower and Couscous Pilaf
#1 Cauliflower and Couscous Pilaf03-25-2012, 12:44 PM
This is a great recipe for us---we have two of the ingredients all the time (when in season), the orange juice and orange zest as we have two orange trees in our back yard.
Cauliflower and Couscous Pilaf
Quick Info: 6 Servings
Nutritional Info (Per serving): Calories: 163, Saturated Fat: 0g, Sodium: 239mg, Dietary Fiber: 6g, Total Fat: 3g, Carbs: 31g, Cholesterol: 1mg, Protein: 6g
Carb Choices: 1.5
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Rest Time: 5 mins
Total Time: 25 mins
- 1 tablespoon oil, olive, extra virgin
- 4 cup(s) cauliflower
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup(s) broth, reduced-sodium chicken
- 1 teaspoon orange peel (zest), grated
- 1/4 cup(s) orange juice
- 1/4 cup(s) currants, dried
- 2/3 cup(s) couscous, 100% whole-wheat
- 1/2 cup(s) scallion(s) (green onions)
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add cauliflower and salt; cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes.
2. Add broth, orange zest, juice and currants; bring to a boil over high heat. Stir in couscous and scallions.
3. Remove from heat and let stand, covered, until the liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork.
Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 03-25-2012 at 12:48 PM.
" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."
"A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|