Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 NAACP: Stand Your Ground Law Not to Blame in Taryvon Martin Shooting 
    Power CUer
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002470484
    gejohnston

NAACP: Stand Your Ground Law Not to Blame in Taryvon Martin Shooting
    at least that is what the CEO told Amy Goodman.

http://content.bitsontherun.com/prev...WTwGH-dh3Zgtip

What can I say, other than that I agree. Something tells me that was not the answer Amy was expecting.
    Causing some consternation over there.

Of course, this means that the NAACP just wants Zimmerman. The NRA wants the law to stand and throws Zimmerman under the bus. While I'm glad the law stands, this is looking worse and worse for Zimmerman.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

Of course, this means that the NAACP just wants Zimmerman. The NRA wants the law to stand and throws Zimmerman under the bus. While I'm glad the law stands, this is looking worse and worse for Zimmerman.
    The legislative authors of the Florida stand your ground law have already as much as thrown Zimmerman under the bus. They don't actually have anything on the line, but figure that if they say that the law doesn't apply to Zimmerman's case then it will take the heat off to change the law.

The NAACP is saying that they don't care about the law, because they want Zimmerman to go to trial and be acquitted to affirm their meme that "black people can't get justice" even if injustice has to be done to Zimmerman and the people of Florida in the process.

I personally don't care about Zimmerman, I care about the law but I think that defending Zimmerman is defending the law and the Sanford police department. As for the mob, they'll always find some reason to be angry and violent because if they ever are forced to admit to the reality of the problem, it will be too much for them and they will have a meltdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post

If he's wrong then he's wrong. However, sadly, due to the media circus, he will be found guilty even if innocent. This is what liberals call justice.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I was genuinely concerned about this case and felt that Zimmerman was just an idiot, wannabe cop trying to be a badass and shot the kid out of fear when confronted. I still think he's probably just an idiot, but once I saw Sharpton on TV making it about race I immediately quit giving a shit.

This isn't a race thing, it's an idiot thing. He was told the cops were on their way, he should have just stayed in the car and kept an eye on where the kid was going as long as he could.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

I think because of the shit storm in the media & court of public opinion it's going to be next to impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial. Unless he retains on hell of a lawyer I see a plea bargain to lesser charges. he is going to do some time,how much,we will see.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I think because of the shit storm in the media & court of public opinion it's going to be next to impossible for Zimmerman to get a fair trial. Unless he retains on hell of a lawyer I see a plea bargain to lesser charges. he is going to do some time,how much,we will see.
    That is exactly what I am afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Convicting George Zimmerman may not be easy: Fla. prosecutor
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_1...la-prosecutor/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I was genuinely concerned about this case and felt that Zimmerman was just an idiot, wannabe cop trying to be a badass and shot the kid out of fear when confronted. I still think he's probably just an idiot, but once I saw Sharpton on TV making it about race I immediately quit giving a shit.

This isn't a race thing, it's an idiot thing. He was told the cops were on their way, he should have just stayed in the car and kept an eye on where the kid was going as long as he could.
    I know it's frowned apon and looks like post whoring but.

THIS.....

Honestly it may or may not apply, real facts have been remarkably absent from the discussion of what happened, and are likely to remain so, since apparently witness accounts differ quite a bit. SYG was not really written with a view to being a shield for the person who initiates a confrontation off his own property. If the facts as they develop appear to work out with Zimmerman being the physical aggressor, it definitely doesn't apply. If the appearance ends up being that Martin noticed, confronted, and assaulted him, then it clearly does. Everything else is the big grey area in between.

hwmnbn

10. I wonder if the NRA and repubs would support giving all young black males...

handguns and assuring them they have the right to "stand their ground" whenever they feel thtreatened?
    Let's see...if "all the young black males" were in compliance with and followed whatever laws Florida has regarding handguns and since every citizen of the US is afforded the same rights under the "stand their ground"...why the hell wouldn't I support it? Is this supposed to be some type of ridiculous racist trap? FAIL. Hard.

Or is this some type of projection on your part?
    Be Not Afraid.