Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sex in Antarctica 
    gator
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080609/...OMfAMrnCs0NUE#

Antarctica base gets 16,500 condoms before darkness Mon Jun 9, 1:24 PM ET

WELLINGTON (Reuters) - One of the last shipments to a U.S. research base in Antarctica before the onset of winter darkness was a year's supply of condoms, a New Zealand newspaper reported Monday.

Bill Henriksen, the manager of the McMurdo base station, said nearly 16,500 condoms were delivered last month and would be made available, free of charge, to staff throughout the year to avoid the potential embarrassment of having to buy them.

The base only has a skeleton staff through the long winter.

"Since everybody knows everyone, it becomes a little bit uncomfortable," Henriksen told the Southland Times newspaper.

About 125 scientists and staff are stationed at McMurdo base, the largest community in Antarctica, during the winter months when there is constant darkness.

The first sunrise will occur on August 20 and McMurdo's population will start to increase again in September when supply flights resume, peaking at more than 1,000 during the summer period.

Lets see. 120 men and five women and 16,500 condoms and about 90 days of winter. Do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by gator View Post
    Lets see. 120 men and five women and 16,500 condoms and about 90 days of winter. Do the math.
    Lots of water balloon fights? No?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Lots of water balloon fights? No?
    No they blow them up and float them around the room and play bouncie ball with them !

About half of the men and ten/twenty percent of the women will be gay .That leaves a lot less people banging away for the long antartic evening Jun 9, to August 20
    lets see about sixty normal men and four normal woman .Do they,the condoms, come in colors and are they all one size ?

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [SIZE="2"]About half of the men and ten/twenty percent of the women will be gay .

I think you have explained it.

I don't know anything about things like this because I am a hetrosexual but don't fag men use condoms when engaged in rear entry sex?

That would explain the tremendous number of condoms being sent to the facility.

I don't know anything about things like this because I am a hetrosexual but don't fag men use condoms when engaged in rear entry sex?

Cuts down on the need for toilet paper, I guess.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

I don't know but I'll bet eyebal does !

Vepr
    What else are you going to do in the Antarctic.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080609/...OMfAMrnCs0NUE#
    Must be hard on the penguins... :D
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Vepr View Post
    What else are you going to do in the Antarctic.
    That highly paid science-thingy? Just askin'