Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    We were saying how wise your wife is----she has an excellent idea. Because of my knee surgery, every time I'm going through security I know that I'll be subject to one of their inspections. Some of them couldn't even be a Wal-Mart greeter.

It would at least be a job to get some of the vets back into civilian life. They could use it as a steppingstone to something better, and in the meantime the flying public would be more secure.
    I thought so; and for the same reasons you stated.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

2. #12 Here's a starting point 
    Sanford, Fla. airport wants to opt out of TSA

The Associated Press

SANFORD, Fla. -- The Orlando Sanford International Airport is going to try to opt out of only using TSA agents for security screening.

The president of the airport said Tuesday that he would apply again to use private operators to screen passengers, using federal standards and oversight.

U.S. Rep. John Mica included a provision in federal aviation legislation that strengthens the ability of airports to use private screeners instead of only using agents with the Transportation Security Administration.

Currently, only 16 of the nation's airports have opted out using only TSA agents.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Posted here too.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

when I came home from Nam there were a ton of ATC jobs. we passed cause we heard you were dead by 30

Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Who listens to their wives, I mean what they are actually saying?...
    We have a special feature on our TV where she appears in miniature in the upper right hand corner to speak to me. That way I don't have to turn my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    ............why the hell, with all the highly trained and disciplined military men and women who are returning from deployment in Iraq/Afghanistan (or elsewhere for that matter) and are seeking employment after serving, the intrepid TSA isn't giving these individuals these jobs...........
    It's probably because the useless dipshits the TSA is looking for couldn't get in the military in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by namvet View Post

And this is just the short list ...

Edit: Im gonna steal this ...
    Last edited by Janice; 03-27-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

The USAJOBS.GOV site is the equivalent of the Kobashi-Maru. Trying to get on now is a process and one must know the secret words to input. It's still doable, but the payoff is negligible.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Boots cost money.

If you want talent, you have to pay for it or convince altruistic people that it is a calling.

Teacher, military, firefighter, police, priesthood, ect can easily be sold as a calling. TSA, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Boots cost money.

If you want talent, you have to pay for it or convince altruistic people that it is a calling.

Teacher, military, firefighter, police, priesthood, ect can easily be sold as a calling. TSA, not so much.
    Well, it did fine job of moving the some out of the trailer park. Unfortunately, you can't remove the trailer park from their mentality. But hey, at least they have a badge and a uniform.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand