Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 154
  1. #101  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    According to the testimony of the witness to the incident, Trayvon was on top of Zimmerman and was beating his head against the ground. The forensic evidence, which shows cuts, abrasions and bruises on the back of Zimmerman's head, reinforces his story. If this turns out to be the case, then the Stand Your Ground law doesn't apply, because even without it, you're allowed to protect yourself when someone is banging your skull on the pavement.
    Good point!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #102  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,611
    Quote Originally Posted by TeeTop
    An enhanced analysis now appears to indicate Zimmerman said “cold.”
    THE BIGGEST DEBUNK OF THE CASE.

    Bar none.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #103  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,611
    Poor Sanford.....

    http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Cit...s/-/index.html

    SANFORD, Fla. -

    The city of Sanford is preparing for the outcome of the special prosecutor's decision about George Zimmerman, the neighborhood watchman who shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin but has not been charged.

    Sanford Mayor Jeff Triplett said on Thursday that the city's emergency management team has met regularly with the U.S Department of Justice to construct a plan. Officials said extra police officers and fire department officials are on standby. Neighboring agencies have also been asked to assist, if needed.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #104  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    From everything I have read, you're incorrect here. Situations are fluid and the dynamic changes.

    The complete tape of Zimmerman's call indicates a 25 second pursuit after which Trayvon disappears and does not reappear for the rest of the call. ................

    However, if in that minute after the call, Zimmerman starts to actively pursue Trayvon again--something which we don't know and seems highly unlikely--then the Stand Your Ground law would not apply.
    With no disrespect intended, I believe the first pursuit had already invalidated 'stand your ground'.

    Simultaneously, I believe Mr Zimmerman was attacked and defended himself.

    I further believe that without the first pursuit the attack would not have occurred.

    I am making these observations from the standpoint of a life associated with law enforcement running the gamut from city marshal to Interpol.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #105  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    430
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Poor Sanford.....
    Starting to remind me of 1991 and 1992 all over again.

    http://www.conservativeunderground.c...ghlight=dallas
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #106  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,611
    Zimmerman has "science on his side:"

    Though it was widely reported that George Zimmerman grumbled a racial slur before shooting 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, his lawyers have insisted their client instead said "F---ing punks".

    Now they seem to have science on their side. Renowned forensic audio expert Tom Owenanalyzed the 911 recording—which was fraught with cell phone interference—and told CNN that Zimmerman indeed whispered "punks" and not the racial slur that has caused so much controversy.
    That should settle it. Owen is the real deal. Check out his website:

    http://www.owlinvestigations.com/publications.html

    But is that enough for CNN?

    Nooooo

    CNN, however, is not convinced, stating that "Owen provided CNN with a copy of the newly processed audio" and that CNN "enhanced the sound of the 911 call, and several members of CNN's editorial staff repeatedly reviewed the tape but could reach no consensus on whether Zimmerman used a slur."

    http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/d...005746464.html


    The facts are against them, whether it's the audio tapes, the timeline, the eyewitnesses, or the continuing stream of information coming out about Trayvon. But none of it seems to matter. The media wants this to be racism and they will make it be racism. Who controls the media? They're all on the same page here.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #107  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,164
    But is that enough for CNN?
    CNN is too invested in the "hate crime" meme to accept anything that doesn't support that theory.

    CNN International is even more onside in it's coverage than it's parent network.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #108  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Retread View Post
    With no disrespect intended, I believe the first pursuit had already invalidated 'stand your ground'.

    Simultaneously, I believe Mr Zimmerman was attacked and defended himself.

    I further believe that without the first pursuit the attack would not have occurred.

    I am making these observations from the standpoint of a life associated with law enforcement running the gamut from city marshal to Interpol.

    Based on other cases I have read about, I disagree with you but we'll see what happens.

    Your opinion seems to be based on the idea that Zimmerman's 25 second foot pursuit was the first approach, the aggressive action that began the chain. But, if you notice in the tape transcript, Trayvon approached first: he spent over a solid minute approaching Zimmerman's vehicle, and Zimmerman is noticeably scared. If you want to decide who started the encounter, you can start at 0.58 seconds on the tape, when Zimmerman is in his car talking to the police and Trayvon begins his approach to Zimmerman's vehicle. Yes, Trayvon started running just after the 2 minute mark, but the aggressiveness began with him.

    However, I agree with Odysseus that Stand Your Ground is not even necessary when someone is on top of you and bashing your head in.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #109  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    10,611
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    CNN is too invested in the "hate crime" meme to accept anything that doesn't support that theory.

    CNN International is even more onside in it's coverage than it's parent network.
    Really? I wonder why they want to create the impression of racism across the world.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #110  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,724
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Based on other cases I have read about, I disagree with you but we'll see what happens.

    Your opinion seems to be based on the idea that Zimmerman's 25 second foot pursuit was the first approach, the aggressive action that began the chain. But, if you notice in the tape transcript, Trayvon approached first: he spent over a solid minute approaching Zimmerman's vehicle, and Zimmerman is noticeably scared. If you want to decide who started the encounter, you can start at 0.58 seconds on the tape, when Zimmerman is in his car talking to the police and Trayvon begins his approach to Zimmerman's vehicle. Yes, Trayvon started running just after the 2 minute mark, but the aggressiveness began with him.

    However, I agree with Odysseus that Stand Your Ground is not even necessary when someone is on top of you and bashing your head in.
    We’ll just have to agree or disagree until the judgments are in. I also agree with Ody re: ‘stand your ground’.

    If you were sitting in your car by the curb and I walked down the block I would be approaching you until I passed and then I would be going away. But any aggression you perceive would be just that – perception, not at all a confirmed reality.

    Then, as a final part of my view, IMHO we will never see a reality based outcome. As the investigations continue those that do not find him guilty of murder will be written off as propaganda and racist. It will continue until he is found guilty or found dead in a back alley.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •