Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    How many of these have there been now?

(Paging Eric Holder....)
    Don't hold your breath.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Power CUer
    George Zimmerman's attorneys have pulled out of the case.

They are pulling out of the case because they are no longer in contact with Zimmerman and because Zimmerman is talking to the prosecutor. They can no longer defend him.

Power CUer
    More on attorneys pulling out:

http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/10/zi...ith-zimmerman/

Zimmerman’s attorneys: ‘We’ve lost contact with Zimmerman’

In a press conference Tuesday afternoon, George Zimmerman’s attorneys — Hal Uhrig and Craig Sonner — said they have lost contact with their client since Sunday afternoon. Sonner said that last contact was via text message.

Uhrig said Zimmerman, the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot and killed Trayvon Martin, contacted state attorney Angela Corey and Fox News host Sean Hannity on his own without their guidance. According to Uhrig, Zimmerman said “I don’t have any attorneys, they’re just my legal advisers.” The conversation with Hannity happened today, Uhrig said, and was off the record.

Uhrig said he was puzzled by how Zimmerman thinks there’s a difference between an “attorney” and a “legal adviser.”

“I’m not sure what the distinction is, but in his mind there’s a distinction,” Uhrig said.

Sonner said he has not met with Zimmerman “face to face,” and that he does not plan to reveal Zimmerman’s location. Sonner also said he “stands by” everything he’s said about the case to this point, including how he thinks Zimmerman was acting in “self-defense” and that this case was not a “racial issue.”

“”It’s no so much that we are resigning,” Sonner said. “It’s that we cannot continue to represent him until he comes forward.”

“He has gone on his own,” he added. “I don’t know what he’s doing or who he’s talking to. I cannot represent client who doesn’t stay in contact with me.”

“I know his phone works, but he’s not returning my text messages or my calls,” Sonner said.

Sonner said that Zimmerman is still in the United States and that he doesn’t expect him to “flee the country.”

Uhrig added that Zimmerman is still living in fear. “George can’t go out and buy a Diet Coke,” he said. “There’s a bounty on his head.”

Uhrig and Sonner said that Zimmerman set up a new website on his own — therealGeorgeZimmerman.com — even though were planning to launch a website for him on their own. They had planned to direct national media to their site and said they were shocked by the website Zimmerman launched. “Him setting up his own web site is fine,” Sonner said. “I wish he would have told me.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/04/10/zi...#ixzz1rfwVR45z

Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    I'm putting it down here. The racists have gotten their trial.

George Zimmerman's defense team is growing, suggesting that he's planning for a grand jury indictment and a subsequent criminal trial. Interestingly, his new attorney has begun releasing some previously unknown facts.

Did you know that, on the night of Trayvon Martin's death, Sanford police gave George Zimmerman a voice stress test?

They did, and the results probably contributed to his release.

A voice stress test is like a polygraph, but instead of measuring heart rate and blood pressure, it looks for changes in an individual's voice patterns that are thought to suggest psychological stress. With the help of software, investigators record a suspect answering baseline questions and then compare them to answers about the case.

This technology is not unique to Sanford. The National Institute for Truth Verification, a manufacturer of the technology, claims that over 1,800 local, state and federal law enforcement agencies use their product. They also claim to have trained U.S. Military personnel.

Expert opinion is mixed, but a study commissioned by the Justice Department suggests that a voice stress test is "no better than flipping a coin." For this reason, like its cousin the polygraph, George Zimmerman's voice stress test probably wouldn't be admissible at trial. However, it can still be used in the investigatory phase.

George Zimmerman's voice stress test came out clean, according to attorney Hal Uhrig. If the Sanford Police Department is willing to spend more than $10,000 on the product, then it probably trusts its results. And those results probably corroborated what officers initially saw at the scene.

6. #126 Prosecutor to speak at 6PM 
    Power CUer
    At least CNN is getting the pictures more accurate:

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/04/11...man/?hpt=hp_t1

03:07 PM ET

Source: Zimmerman to be charged in Trayvon Martin case

The office of a special prosecutor who is investigating the Trayvon Martin shooting case plans to announce at 6 p.m. ET Wednesday new information in the case.

Earlier, a senior law enforcement source familiar with the Martin death investigation told CNN said that Zimmerman would be charged.

Police say Zimmerman fatally shot Martin, a 17-year-old African-American, on February 26 in Sanford, Florida, after Martin began walking home from a convenience store. Zimmerman, who is Hispanic and was a neighborhood watch volunteer, had called 911 to complain about a suspicious person in the neighborhood. He was released without charges after claiming self-defense, but the case was referred to a special prosecutor as thousands converged on Sanford to join in protests calling for Zimmerman's arrest.

Power CUer
    http://www.wagist.com/2012/dan-lineh...n-doubled-back

And Evidence site trying to tie the timeline with pictures and maps.

Martin is initially reported as hanging out near the clubhouse, looking at houses and acting suspiciously. Then he walks by Zimmerman’s truck at around 1:30 on the 911 call and proceeds east.

At 2:08, Trayvon starts running. Six seconds later, we hear Zimmerman leave his truck to see where he went.

While Trayvon runs south towards Brandy Green’s townhouse, Zimmerman continues east, and remains on the line with the 911 dispatcher.

At a slow jogging pace, Trayvon is estimated to have arrived back at Brandy Green’s townhouse at around 2:40 on the 911 call.

Trayvon may have gone inside the townhouse, but it seems more likely that he remained outside to see if Zimmerman was still following him and just continued talking to his girlfriend over the next few minutes.

After a few minutes, Trayvon seems to have walked north, back up the sidewalk to confront Zimmerman about why he was followed.

George Zimmerman leaves his truck at 2:14 and reaches Retreat View Circle just over thirty seconds later at 2:45.

He agrees to stop pursuit at the dispatcher’s request. After the 911 call is complete, Zimmerman begins to head back to his truck to meet the police. At this point, he claims he was confronted by Trayvon, and walks a few steps down the sidewalk south to respond to him.

As we can see, it appears unlikely that Zimmerman ever “chased down” Martin. Zimmerman only pursued long enough to maintain visual contact to see what direction Trayvon was going.

Zimmerman traveled his entire route in around 30 seconds, he only went a very short distance and did so specifically to tell the 911 dispatcher where Trayvon had gone.

It wasn’t until a minute later that their altercation took place, when Martin apparently doubled back to confront Zimmerman.

John, the eyewitness who lives in [G], picks up the account from there.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 04-11-2012 at 08:29 PM.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just read something on DU that made me choke on my tea...

Response to mike_c (Original post)
    Wed Apr 11, 2012, 09:06 PM
    liberalmuse

6. I think we can safely assume...

That DU won't be gathering a lynch mob. This is an intelligent community. In the end, DUers will come out on the right side of things. I just get so irritated with condescending posts like this that assumes liberals are knuckle draggers who have zero self-awareness. Honestly?!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I just read something on DU that made me choke on my tea...

Mike_C is a professor up at Humbolt, I think. Biologist. Quite possibly he has been in the Ivory Tower too long. Any scientific investigation of DU would reveal a lot of evidence for lynch mob reactions. Just today's threads, even.

Banned
    Anyone notice that the media isn't rushing to the defense of George Zimmerman,who is Hispanic? I thought the media supported Hispanics.
    Last edited by hai; 04-12-2012 at 02:42 PM.