Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A teenager who posts about smoking weed, skipping class and hating his teachers must have deserved to get shot. Just like Malice Green, an unemployed crackhead, deserved to have the Detroit Police beat him to death with 14 inch long metal flashlights.

I don't like all the activists being involved in this anymore than you do, because it makes it that much less likely that we will ever know what happened between Zimmerman and Martin before Zimmerman fired his gun.

Who knows-maybe Trayvon was "standing his ground" because he was being stalked by some guy in a van, who pulled a gun on him. He's unarmed, he's got to act fast and disable his stalker before he gets shot, but he was too slow. He will never get to tell his side of the story.
    That is why you never shoot to wound; you shoot to kill.

A teenager who posts about smoking weed, skipping class and hating his teachers must have deserved to get shot. Just like Malice Green, an unemployed crackhead, deserved to have the Detroit Police beat him to death with 14 inch long metal flashlights.
    ROFLMAO!

Press that pedal, woman. You go from zero to self-righteous in under 60 seconds!

When you slide off that high horse you rode in on, maybe we'll be nice and tell you that, no, we don't believe that a high school student who smokes weed, skips class, and talks about fucking all the time deserves to die. In fact, we might even share a nice little secret with you: we don't think those topics of conversation are all that unusual for a teenager, especially one who is, in fact, skipping class, smoking weed, and fucking (although probably a lot less than he talked about it.)

Putting it on Twitter and Facebook seems rather stupid, but young people don't think about how a future employer is going to view their uploaded photos of blunts and their messages about what to do if your dick falls out when you're doing it doggie style (And yeah, that was on the Twitter feed. Every mother's dream, ain't it.)

I don't like all the activists being involved in this anymore than you do, because it makes it that much less likely that we will ever know what happened between Zimmerman and Martin before Zimmerman fired his gun.
    That's exactly the problem. The activists have prevented the truth from coming out. And the actual truth, quite frankly, doesn't sound that horrible--yet. There's nothing here that warrants a "thug" label for Trayvon. What he does look like is a kid in a downward cycle: the 3 suspensions happened in his junior year (16/17). The using (and possible selling) of drugs may be leading to the other behavior changes: missing class, poor judgment (the graffiti and the stolen jewelry), for example. It sounds like he needed some kind of intervention before things really did get worse and the kid ended up arrested or dead.

I have a feeling that's why Mama sent Baby Boy 250 miles away to "safe" Sanford with Mostly Absent Dad. Maybe Mostly Absent Dad could bond with Baby Boy and talk some sense into him. The problem is that Dad's date with his girlfriend came first that Sunday night. According to the Grio (MSNBC's version of "The Root"), Mostly Absent Dad and Girlfriend left Baby Boy at home with Girlfriend's Younger Son. I'm guessing that makes Trayvon the babysitter. The wisdom of leaving a troubled kid as babysitter for a younger one is dubious, but there you have it.

When Dad and girlfriend return, Baby Boy has left the house and, I am guessing, was already dead. Girlfriend's Younger Son must have some story to tell Mostly Absent Dad, because Dad doesn't bother to worry. Everybody goes to bed and Baby Boy is in the morgue. Is it possible that Baby Boy has told Girlfriend's Younger Son that Twenty-Something Cousin is coming to pick him up? Maybe that's why no one worries? Dad has told the Sentinel that he thought his son was with Twenty-Something Cousin. Until Monday morning when Dad finds out that cousin has not seen him. Then Mostly Absent Dad calls the cops to see if Baby Boy has been arrested. (This is what he told the Sentinel)

So here's the deal: we don't know what happened, and that's because the family's story keeps changing. Dad can't seem to tell the truth to save his life; Attorney Crump doesn't care if he's telling truth or fiction; and Mom just holds her hand to her heart and talks about "hurt" and "justice. Meanwhile, the media is adding a saccharine sauce and a chorus of violins with a bass line of racial animus.

In this artificially sweet racial bludgeon of a delivery, it would be nice to get a fact or two. Just sayin.

Who knows-maybe Trayvon was "standing his ground" because he was being stalked by some guy in a van, who pulled a gun on him.
    Whoa! Let's add some more imagination to an already overbloated fairy tale. We can also some UFOs if you want, and maybe even a visit from Elvis, fresh out of a coma, who was just trying to get home to Graceland.

MSNBC should hire you.

In all seriousness, adding imaginary scenarios to other imaginary scenarios just makes things worse. What most of us on this side of the aisle are trying to do is find out the facts as they really happened. When we find a lie, we expose it. When we find media distortion, we try to fix it. When Trayvon's daddy tells an impossible story or changes his story or can't seem to get his story straight, we point that out. When the attorney makes damning accusations and then has to (very quickly) backtrack, we point that out. When the media shows pictures of Trayvon as a middle school student instead of as a 17-year old, we point that out.

And when Trayvon goes from being a "little boy" with a "baby face" who is angelic in every way, we point out that he was expelled three times, that his father had some expectation of his being arrested, that he caused George Zimmerman some serious injuries. If we sometimes enjoy the process, it's only because the race-baiting of Weird Al Sharpton and his ilk is tearing the country apart, and that finding the real truth, the counterbalance, is a relief from the pain they are dishing out.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-27-2012 at 04:25 PM.

Who knows-maybe Trayvon was "standing his ground" because he was being stalked by some guy in a van, who pulled a gun on him. He's unarmed, he's got to act fast and disable his stalker before he gets shot, but he was too slow. He will never get to tell his side of the story.
    Why are you people acting like Zimmerman picked him out of a crowd and shot him for shits and giggles. Question noon, are you as upset about Allen Coon being burned?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Why are you people acting like Zimmerman picked him out of a crowd and shot him for shits and giggles. Question noon, are you as upset about Allen Coon being burned?
    Crickets.

Well, it's to be expected. Getting off a high horse is a difficult maneuver, and if you're not careful, you can break something. Better off staying there.

In the meantime:

According to Minnesota Public Radio, Trayvon had no police record.

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/dis...-as-aggressor/

...The state Department of Juvenile Justice confirmed Monday that Martin does not have a juvenile offender record. The information came after a public records request by The Associated Press....
    So it's what I thought. The kid was headed in the wrong direction, but it hadn't gotten seriously bad yet. He sorely needed guidance and wasn't getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I'm sure his mother is, she is prepared to make a fortune on tee shirts and slogans bearing his name.
    I am sick of the clip being played over and over of the mother saying
    "THEY killed my baby and now THEY want to ruin his reputation too".

THEY = WHITEY I recon.
    But Whitey wasn't even there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I am sick of the clip being played over and over of the mother saying
    "THEY killed my baby and now THEY want to ruin his reputation too".

THEY = WHITEY I recon.
    But Whitey wasn't even there.
    Do they really want what they had in the fifties? If you keep pushing the majority of people the way they are , sooner or later you may get a result you don't want.
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Hey, it's not fact finders who are ruining her son's reputation:

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store

North Miami Beach Walgreens incident caught on video
    (Security Video)

http://www.local10.com/news/Police-T...z/-/index.html

NORTH MIAMI BEACH, Fla. -

North Miami Beach police said surveillance video shows dozens of high school students demonstrating in the Trayvon Martin case Friday ransacking a Walgreens store.

The incident occurred during a walkout from North Miami Beach Senior High School in support of Martin, 17, who was fatally shot in Sanford....

Minutes after walking out of their school Friday, a large group of students walked through the streets of North Miami Beach. Along the way, they stopped at a Walgreens at 163rd Street and 15th Avenue at about 10:40 a.m.

Surveillance video shows dozens of teenagers running through the store. Police said about 80 to 100 students stormed in, ransacking the shelves, before the school's vice principal ordered everyone outside.

North Miami Beach police said students damaged items worth about $150....

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Is it me or is this Jacob Loughner all over again?

Holy emotional outburst, Batman!
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Great roundup of facts from Sister Toldjah:

http://sistertoldjah.com/archives/20...e-falls-apart/

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Hey, it's not fact finders who are ruining her son's reputation:

Police: Trayvon protesters ransack store

North Miami Beach Walgreens incident caught on video
    (Security Video)
    Yeah, typical of the Jackson-Sharpton brigade.
    Any excuse to loot and burn down the neighborhood.