Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Now it gets uglier. The person was caught with burglary tools and jewerly on him. http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...t-trayvon.html

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Because, technically, George wasn't officially registered with the police department as official Neighborhood Watch. The HOA, however, did appoint him and there is apparently an HOA newsletter saying so; hence, there is also some talk of the family suing the HOA. And they may be able to do that since the HOA did not get George officially registered and trained.
    This whole "official" neighborhood watch crap is nothing but a load of bunk. There is no obligation anywhere for anyone to register their particular private organization with some other organization. I've been in three different neighborhood watches in my life (including one that I actually started with a few other neighbors), and not a one of them even made mention of any national neighborhood watch group, much less some sort of registration with same.

The "national neighborhood watch" crap is nothing but a hollow Leftist canard. Forget about it.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I do.

It doesn't matter if it's the local chief of police or the ghost of J. Edgar Hoover on the other end of that telephone line, one does not have any obligation to obey someone on a telephone.
    And the point is moot anyway because Trayvon disappears less than 10 seconds after the dispatcher tells him not to pursue. George has to stop pursuing because Trayvon is no longer visible for him to pursue. (George does say "OK" when told to stop)

Until the end of the call George simply doesn't know where Trayvon is. Then there is only about a minute before the 911 calls start pouring in reporting the altercation.

George stopped pursuing Trayvon after 25 seconds. Listen to the tape and follow along.
    Last edited by Elspeth; 03-28-2012 at 04:08 PM.

This whole "official" neighborhood watch crap is nothing but a load of bunk. There is no obligation anywhere for anyone to register their particular private organization with some other organization. I've been in three different neighborhood watches in my life (including one that I actually started with a few other neighbors), and not a one of them even made mention of any national neighborhood watch group, much less some sort of registration with same.

The "national neighborhood watch" crap is nothing but a hollow Leftist canard. Forget about it.
    The problem is they are using it to support their "self-appointed" meme. The only way to combat that is to show that he really was appointed--by the HOA. Any problems with national Neighborhood Watch training or registration are the HOA's fault and (soon to be) their legal headache.

Banned
    I do.

It doesn't matter if it's the local chief of police or the ghost of J. Edgar Hoover on the other end of that telephone line, one does not have any obligation to obey someone on a telephone.

Still doesn't answer my question. Is there a citation that the non-emergency line is being answered by a civilian in the city of Sanford? I never asked if it was a lawful order.Lawful order or not, I bet a jury of George's peers will take into account if a civilian who has no police experience or an officer with 20 years experience who answered the phone told him to stay put has any bearing on his fault in this case.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Now it gets uglier. The person was caught with burglary tools and jewerly on him. http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/03/2...t-trayvon.html

My friend Norm invented a new drink. It is vodka and orange juice. He calls it a "burglary tool."

Since Zimmerman by liberal standards is a latino, has anyone heard of the latino community coming to his defense?
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    Since Zimmerman by liberal standards is a latino, has anyone heard of the latino community coming to his defense?
    Why would they? They all carry guns, too.

They may be a little puzzled as to why Zimmerman didn't empty the clip, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Why would they? They all carry guns, too.

They may be a little puzzled as to why Zimmerman didn't empty the clip, though.
    It was a Kel-Tec 9mm, not a TEC-9, and Zimmerman wasn't in a lowered '78 Oldsmobile at the time.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I could search but I'm not interested in wading through the crap so I will ask those following the case:

I heard/read that the Sanford cops wanted to press charges but the state DA said no. Any truth to that?
    Be Not Afraid.