Thread: Trayvon Martin DEBUNK part II: Multiple suspensions, criminal behavior

Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    I could search but I'm not interested in wading through the crap so I will ask those following the case:

I heard/read that the Sanford cops wanted to press charges but the state DA said no. Any truth to that?
    Yes. We know that the lead detective wanted to press charges. It's unknown whether anyone else in the department felt the same way.

The Sanford Police Department's lead investigator initially pursued manslaughter charges against Zimmerman, but was told by the state attorney that there wasn't enough evidence.

[....]

The next day, detectives re-enacted the shooting with Zimmerman at the scene. They also discovered Zimmerman had two prior arrests: one for assaulting a cop, the other for domestic abuse.

For the next two weeks, lead investigator Chris Serino pursued a manslaughter charge against Zimmerman.

Police interviewed at least six witnesses. But none of them saw how the confrontation began or the shooting that ended it.

Public pressure grew. On March 12, police gave the case to State Attorney Norm Wolfinger. He told them they needed more evidence to arrest Zimmerman.
    So much for the whole "the police never investigated" meme.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Now there's (supposedly) a police video, right after the incident, where Zimmerman is not bloodied and bruised.

What a clusterfuck this thing is. Freaking 24 hour instant gratification news cycle is going to get us all killed.

I'm going back in my bunker. :)
    Be Not Afraid.

Now there's (supposedly) a police video, right after the incident, where Zimmerman is not bloodied and bruised.

What a clusterfuck this thing is. Freaking 24 hour instant gratification news cycle is going to get us all killed.

I'm going back in my bunker. :)
    He was treated at the scene by EMS. I wouldn't expect him to be beaten to a pulp in his face, since sweet, angelic Trayvon who would never hurt a fly was busy smashing the back of Zimmerman's melon into the sidewalk.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    He was treated at the scene by EMS. I wouldn't expect him to be beaten to a pulp in his face, since sweet, angelic Trayvon who would never hurt a fly was busy smashing the back of Zimmerman's melon into the sidewalk.
    I didn't watch the vid yet, but will.

Here's a link to the story and video. I imagine each side will decide for themselves: Link
    Be Not Afraid.

Here's a link to the story and video. I imagine each side will decide for themselves: Link
    Interesting. I don't know if there is enough detail there to really say one way or the other, and we don't know how long this was after the event, which may be important. For example, any time I've gotten, say, a black eye in a fight (or even just smacked my head on something by accident), it's quite a few hours before I actually bruise up. If Zimmerman was only on the scene for, say, 30 minutes, and then a ten-minute ride downtown, then he may not have had anything showing up yet on him.

But, I have said all along that I will keep an open mind on this, and I am man enough to admit that I can't definitively see anything that appears to be bruising on his head, though I can't say definitively that I don't see anything that looks like bruising, either.

Can't see a thing in that video. That said, this case is going down the rabbit hole and in the end Zimmerman is going to be arrested not because he committed a crime but because of political pressure. Is that really justice?
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Can't see a thing in that video. That said, this case is going down the rabbit hole and in the end Zimmerman is going to be arrested not because he committed a crime but because of political pressure. Is that really justice?
    Just watched it. He looks pretty undamaged to me. Although I am waiting for someone to come out and say "that's not George".

If he's charged criminally it will be interesting to hear what changed from then and now. Civilly the dude probably doesn't stand a chance. Have to extract that revenge somehow.
    Be Not Afraid.

Just watched it. He looks pretty undamaged to me. Although I am waiting for someone to come out and say "that's not George".

If he's charged criminally it will be interesting to hear what changed from then and now. Civilly the dude probably doesn't stand a chance. Have to extract that revenge somehow.
    Well, who's George? The bald guy in the video or this guy:

But re-watching the video, the 2 men look nothing alike. Does the guy in the video look like a 220lb man to you?
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post

But re-watching the video, the 2 men look nothing alike. Does the guy in the video look like a 220lb man to you?
    ABC News has their logo and a rectangular box over this guy's head and face when he is closest to the screen and when you might actually see something. There's not enough to detail to tell if there are injuries. Even without the box, the video is just too far away for detail. Zimmerman was treated at the scene by the paramedic, so you wouldn't expect blood gushing out. Also, some injuries don't show until the next day: bruising for example. I wouldn't expect a black eye instantly, for example. Zimmerman did go to the hospital the next day and I imagine there was a lot more bruising then.

I will say he looks thinner than the 250 the police estimated his weight to be, but he is as short as I imagined.

I know the DUmmies will be all over this one, but it really doesn't show much.

Not enough detail to tell about his injuries. He did go to the hospital the next day and it would be interesting to see the report.

Weird Al Sharpton is pushing for a criminal prosecution, and in fact, the Justice Department has now decided to investigate the entire Sanford Police force.

SANFORD — The Trayvon Martin case is bringing more scrutiny on the Sanford Police Department. The Department of Justice will now investigate all cases handled by the police department, after receiving complaints from Sanford citizens.

It's been more than a month since 17-year-old Martin was killed and only a week since the Department of Justice, the U.S. Attorney's Office and the FBI launched investigations into why George Zimmerman shot him. Now, the Department of Justice is launching another investigation into the entire Sanford Police Department.

"The citizens of Sanford will continue to have some idea that their concerns would be heard by an independent agency when they have issues with the Sanford Police Department," said Sanford City Manager Norton Bonaparte.

Bonaparte announced the new investigation Tuesday afternoon after receiving numerous complaints about the way officers handled other cases.

He said that so many people complained at Monday night's city commission meeting about Sanford officers, the city asked the Department of Justice to step in.

"I am now in the process of talking with the Department of Justice and instituting a mechanism whereby citizens that have concerns or complaints about the Sanford Police Department can have their concerns heard and investigated by an independent agency," Bonaparte said.
    Wonder who was all at that meeting on Monday.

Methinks it's over kids. They're going to try for criminal charges. I thought they'd be content with a "civil rights" witch hunt at Justice, but clearly Eric Holder has other plans. I suppose it takes everyone's mind off the fact that he's is arming Mexican drug cartels, or one in particular.