Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks
Source: The Smoking Gun
MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late sonís name, records show.
Read more: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123
Just lovin' the responses:
1. Sad that this world is set up so that a mother would HAVE to do that in this day and age.
3. Very sad.
10. Why would she have to do that? nt
blm Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
13. It's the legal system put in place by those who jump on things like this to enrich themselves
at the expense of another's misfortune or tragedy. The family has to act swiftly once it appears likely to spin out of control.
15. would someone else be able to trademark his name?
I don't know, am just asking. It seems to me she is trying to pull a King family thing. I guess we will know if she starts charging activists who want to wear Justice for Trayvon t-shirts.
14. It will also keep people from selling shirts labeling him as an n-word. n/t