1. #1 Trayvon's Mama's got a PAYDAY! 
    Power CUer
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/101482918

Mother Seeks Trayvon Martin Trademarks
    Source: The Smoking Gun

MARCH 26--The mother of Trayvon Martin has filed two applications to secure trademarks containing her late sonís name, records show.

Read more: http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documen...demarks-769123

Just lovin' the responses:

blm
    1. Sad that this world is set up so that a mother would HAVE to do that in this day and age.

aptal
    3. Very sad.

naaman fletcher

10. Why would she have to do that? nt

blm Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    13. It's the legal system put in place by those who jump on things like this to enrich themselves

at the expense of another's misfortune or tragedy. The family has to act swiftly once it appears likely to spin out of control.

naaman fletcher
    15. would someone else be able to trademark his name?

I don't know, am just asking. It seems to me she is trying to pull a King family thing. I guess we will know if she starts charging activists who want to wear Justice for Trayvon t-shirts.

Ian David
    14. It will also keep people from selling shirts labeling him as an n-word. n/t

Ian David
    14. It will also keep people from selling shirts labeling him as an n-word. n/t
    Yeah right. I'm sure there will be tons of those------------Idiot!
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

She's doing it for "Her own enlightened self-interest," DUmmies, not to keep his name from being misused. TM protection keeps anyone else from using it as a brand, it does NOT keep anyone from using it in a news, historical, or informational context.

Quote Originally Posted by DumbAss Tanker View Post
    She's doing it for "Her own enlightened self-interest," DUmmies, not to keep his name from being misused. TM protection keeps anyone else from using it as a brand, it does NOT keep anyone from using it in a news, historical, or informational context.

Time will tell, as far as the mother's motives are concerned.

As far as t-shirts go, well, around here, it's become a tradition for an african-american family to get t-shirts made with an image of the deceased, especially when the deceased is a young male. I've seen my coworkers wearing shirts like that, of a brother or nephew who died young (and not always due to violence).

I guess we'll know if the mom is in it for the money if they start selling trade-marked Trayvon t-shirts at a mall kiosk.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Time will tell, as far as the mother's motives are concerned.

As far as t-shirts go, well, around here, it's become a tradition for an african-american family to get t-shirts made with an image of the deceased, especially when the deceased is a young male. I've seen my coworkers wearing shirts like that, of a brother or nephew who died young (and not always due to violence).

I guess we'll know if the mom is in it for the money if they start selling trade-marked Trayvon t-shirts at a mall kiosk.
    I read somewhere that the HOA could be a financial target. Apparently in one of their newsletters they acknowledge that George Zimmerman is their neighborhood watchman and the author maintains that such acknowledgement is acceptance and endorsement.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I read somewhere that the HOA could be a financial target. Apparently in one of their newsletters they acknowledge that George Zimmerman is their neighborhood watchman and the author maintains that such acknowledgement is acceptance and endorsement.
    Wouldn't be surprised. Though it is funny that the "activists" want George to have been "self appointed" for the criminal/Civil rights trials, but want him to have been HOA appointed for the purposes of a civil trial. Is there anyone to tell them that they can't have it both ways?

The HOA left themselves legally exposed, though. They appointed George, officially or unofficially, but did not get him proper Neighborhood Watch Training. Nor did they register with the police department or national Neighborhood Watch. I don't doubt a civil trial is also in the works.

So, between Mama's trademarks, the HOA, the Sanford PD (you know they'll be sued) and whoever else Weird Al Sharpton and "Attorney" Crump can find, there might end up being a very nice payday all around. Maybe Trayvon's Mostly Absent Dad can give Girlfriend a very nice wedding. Maybe they can get on Say Yes to the Dress and eventually come out with a whole line of wedding dresses for women whose future stepsons were shot in "Stand Your Ground" states. The dresses could have hoodies, and be decorated with Skittles and the remains of a confiscated baggie.