Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Fixed for accuracy.
    lol

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    ..........The best rule for any weapon you use is to never pull it out or show it unless you are about to use it.

You draw down and don't pull the trigger...stob or beat someone with what you have...you're as good as dead.
    Yeah. That's pretty much what George Zimmerman did. Probably saved his life, too

Quote Originally Posted by An Ancient Pest View Post
    ieoeja is right. Firearms are for cowards. Real men will approach the assailant and attempt to kill them with rusty butterfly knives. Now that would take balls. Getting all up, and personal, before slowly and painfully slashing up the burglar...

I just took that as sarcastic humor, maybe the more reactive posters just have a better idea of what your former posts were like, though.

Banned
    Not The CU's Cooperative House LiberNigglet
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    You've obviously never been in a gun fight.

Knives are ineffective when your aim is to stop someone from doing you harm. If you can get close enough to use a knife you can get close enough for the other guy to knock the shit out of you...take your knife and carve you up like Hannibal Lecter.

Only someone that's too stupid to know which end of the gun to point at the enemy says that guns are for cowards.
    So what? With guns, you just pick your caliber, aim, make sure you can group your shots and control/predict the recoil, put him down, then make sure you plant a weapon on your victim before you call 9-1-1 and begin your "he was gonna kill me!" story.

That's the problem with lethal engagements nowadays. Nobody wishes to engage in fisticuffs anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Knives are a good last resort, when the attacker is already close to you and he doesn't have a gun. Especially if you don't use it to threaten him first, just stick it into whatever the most vulnerable body part you can access during an attack.
    Spoken by someone who's obviously never been in a fight. Noon, you watch too much TV. Anyone who knows how to handle themselves in a fight won't be afraid of a knife and is willing to take a slash if they're confident that that's all the knife wielder is going to get. Hell, I have gloves that anyone can buy that are slash and puncture proof. That said, the notion that you should try to make the situation safer for the person uninvitingly coming into your house is absurd. In today's day and age, unfortunately we have to be in the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. Too many home invasion deaths to take chances making nice with someone coming into your house. Unless you live in NJ.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

So what? With guns, you just pick your caliber, aim, make sure you can group your shots and control/predict the recoil, put him down, then make sure you plant a weapon on your victim before you call 9-1-1 and begin your "he was gonna kill me!" story.

That's the problem with lethal engagements nowadays. Nobody wishes to engage in fisticuffs anymore.
    You ever been in a fight? No matter how big and bad you think you are, there's always someone bigger and badder. However, there is no one big or bad enough not named Kal El who can stop a bullet, even with a vest.
    Last edited by NJCardFan; 03-28-2012 at 02:28 PM.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Knives are a good last resort, when the attacker is already close to you and he doesn't have a gun. Especially if you don't use it to threaten him first, just stick it into whatever the most vulnerable body part you can access during an attack.
    I can understand how you would write that, from the point of view of a woman who is sure her physical self is the ultimate object of the home invasion and who is physically weaker than an invader intent on sexual assault or outright maiming/murder, but it isn't a sound approach either legally outside that special scenario, or tactically in general.

If the guy didn't make it in the house, because he didn't have keys and wasn't actually trying to break in... can castle doctrine still be invoked? If the door was shut, how did he get shot? Did the home-owner open the door and shoot the drunk guy?

Trying to imagine what I would do if I heard someone jiggling my doorknob at 4:20 am, and what sounded like someone trying different keys and/or messing with the lock. If I had a firearm (which I don't, because I live in Canada) I could see myself pointing it at the door and waiting for the guy to enter or go away. I suppose I would make the split-second decision when I saw him whether he was a threat or a drunk idiot. Default would be "threat" so he probably shouldn't be wearing a hoodie.

It's not like playing Call of Duty you moron. Which is obviously your only experience with guns...a gunfight or actually shooting anyone.

Go talk to BSR about that.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Spoken by someone who's obviously never been in a fight. Noon, you watch too much TV. Anyone who knows how to handle themselves in a fight won't be afraid of a knife and is willing to take a slash if they're confident that that's all the knife wielder is going to get. Hell, I have gloves that anyone can buy that are slash and puncture proof. That said, the notion that you should try to make the situation safer for the person uninvitingly coming into your house is absurd. In today's day and age, unfortunately we have to be in the shoot first, ask questions later mentality. Too many home invasion deaths to take chances making nice with someone coming into your house. Unless you live in NJ.
    You're right, I've never been in a fight that involved weapons before. Just a big brother who stopped beating me up when I learned to kick him in the groin, and a couple of bullies (girls) that I didn't fight back because there were adults around to pull them off of me.

My run-ins with people as an adult always seem to remain verbal.