Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Trayvon Martin: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of shooter 
    link

Star Member boston bean (12,323 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Trayvon Martin: New Black Panthers offer $10,000 bounty for capture of shooter George Zimmerman
    SANFORD — Members of the New Black Panther Party are offering a $10,000 reward for the "capture" of George Zimmerman, leader Mikhail Muhammad announced during a protest in Sanford today.

The bounty announcement came moments after members of the group called for the mobilization of 5,000 black men to capture George Zimmerman, the Neighborhood Watch volunteer who shot Trayvon Martin last month.

The New Black Panthers will hold a protest in Sanford just before 1 p.m. today, the activist group's third protest in the past two weeks over the fatal shooting of the Miami Gardens teen.

The group called for Zimmerman's arrest and threatened to find and detain him if police were not willing to do so. But group members didn't call for the mobilization of thousands until Saturday.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/...ice-department
    Most are willing to disavow the New Black Panthers, claiming they are a hate group. That isn't what they had to say about them when they obstructed a voting place, carrying billy clubs and intimidating voters. The Obama Administration Non Justice System dropped the charge for no good reason.

Star Member Ruby the Liberal (14,362 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    1. Vigilante justice is not the way to go about this.

Grand Jury meets on the 10th (I think - open to correction on that).

No way they don't come back with an indictment.
    Star Member Cali_Democrat (10,723 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. "No way they don't come back with an indictment"

We live in the United States of America. I hope you're right, but don't hold your breath.

Zimmerman is an extreme danger to black people. He has proven that.
    BootinUp (24,584 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    18. The powder keg is dangerously close

to being lit.
    And the liberal community including DU has been pouring gun powder into the keg all day and night and are now holding the lit fuse.
    LisaL (19,748 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    13. This has a lot of potential of not ending up well.
    ChairmanAgnostic (22,788 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    17. I seriously doubt NBP really exist. I think it is a set up job,

With tea baggers or Koch industries pushing this forward, simply to distract, offend, and scare the general population. I doubt that reall black panthers would be so transparently stupid. Hell, my congresscritter is bobby rush. And he would know.
    Star Member EFerrari (161,003 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    25. I tend to agree with you and
    this situation is ripe for exploitation by anyone with an agenda, isn't it?
    Star Member Little Star (7,949 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    29. Not the black panthers, the NEW black panthers...

View profile
    See wiki:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Black_Panther_Party

Original black panthers say there is no NEW black panther party

Members of the original Black Panther Party have insisted that the newer party is illegitimate and have strongly objected that there "is no new Black Panther Party". The Anti-Defamation League, the Southern Poverty Law Center, and the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights consider the New Black Panthers to be a hate group.
    eShirl (10,293 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    21. THIS is an example of why the cops should have done their job right the first time.
    Johnny Rico (538 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    26. Here's a picture of the flyer: Note that it says "Wanted Dead or Alive".
    (the picture's from a local Fox affiliate...couldn't find it anywhere else)
    Star Member MrScorpio (49,500 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    32. These are probably three guys in their mom's basement
    Too bad they're pissing on the legacy of the REAL Black Panther Party
    Zax2me (1,437 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    52. Not exactly surprised.
    There will be more blood.

right, wrong or indifferent, zimmerman must hang! nice... don't let the facts through. i hope the authorities move quickly to determine what happened, before more blood is shed. if the nbp get him he will be toast!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Banned
    Star Member Cali_Democrat (10,723 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    4. "No way they don't come back with an indictment"

We live in the United States of America. I hope you're right, but don't hold your breath.

Zimmerman is an extreme danger to black people. He has proven that.

What a crock of shit. An extreme danger to black people? He sadly shot a kid who happened to be black. Let's not make him out to be the next Hitler of our generation.

Power CUer
    The facts are beginning to come through and they are not pretty:

Trayvon's father lied to the media about when his son left the house (NBA game); it turns out, he had left Trayvon on his own to go out to dinner, probably with the girlfriend; she never came forward about what time Trayvon left.

Trayvon had been suspended for 2 weeks (10 days) not 5 days

Tracy Martin did not call the police until 12-13 hours after he noticed Trayvon missing. Now that we have been told that he thought Trayvon was with his cousin, it's odd that he didn't call the cousin when he couldn't reach Trayvon. (Is this the same cousin he was supposed to have been talking with when he left the house, according to his father who claimed to have seen him doing so?)

I predict that the more facts come out about this story, the less sympathetic Trayvon and his family will seem. But, since this is an election year, it won't matter to the Democratic base, for whom this pablum is meant.

Here's hoping that this backfires on Obama again. Will be funny if it turns out that the kid was a punk, after Obama said he is what his kid would look like if he had a son.

I guess they're following that old dem strategy of not wasting a good crisis, especially if it can be used to stir that class warfare. Obama will have blood on his hands if this thing turns even uglier.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I guess they're following that old dem strategy of not wasting a good crisis, especially if it can be used to stir that class warfare. Obama will have blood on his hands if this thing turns even uglier.
    This is worse than class warfare: it's race warfare. Technically, both families are middle class. Both mothers worked for the state or city government; Trayvon's dad is a truck driver and George's dad was in the military. He later became a magistrate. Everyone has (or had) a job.

The left and the media are desperately trying to create a racial event. I believe it is to energize the Democratic base (blacks in particular) to vote this year. It may also be a good wedge for gun rights issues and voter ID cards. The Trayvon case will change the climate for these things. Unfortunately, Trayvon is no angel (as we are learning) and as more details come out, the case will not stand on its own merits so it will HAVE to be about race.

And I agree with you: Obama will have blood on his hands if anything happens. If I were the Zimmermans, I would send my son--who has not been arrested or charged--to Peru to live with some relatives there for awhile.

If George Zimmerman is murdered, will it make it right? Will Tayvon Martin materialize out of thin air and be reborn? Will murdering someone without the benefit of trial by jury(which in a million years he would never get a fair one, not now) be considered justice? When the Tucson shooting happened, conservative talk radio was falsely blamed for it and was blamed for incendiary commentary. Well, here is straight up calls for this man's blood and nothing is being said. No call for civility from our president, no calls for peaceful resolution from so called community leaders. They called Martin's shooting a lynching? No, it was a tragic set of circumstances that left a kid dead. If Zimmerman is murdered, THAT would be the lynching. And the left will parade his body(in effigy) through the streets proclaiming justice.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Zimmerman is at my house. Come get him.

The Black Panthers is a terrorist organization. No?

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Here's hoping that this backfires on Obama again. Will be funny if it turns out that the kid was a punk, after Obama said he is what his kid would look like if he had a son.

If Obama commented about Trayvon Martin, why not make comments about Caylee Anthony, Phoebe Prince, Megan Meier, Shaniya Davis, etc.