Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by An Ancient Pest View Post
    If pigs are intelligent, why do they let us domesticate them?
    Could be that it's all part of their plan. I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

However, why don't you go back and read the article again (or three more times if you have to) and tell us why your question does not follow the material presented in the article.

Quote Originally Posted by An Ancient Pest
    ...letting humans control you is a sign that you're a dependent ignoramus and intellectually unable to control your own destiny... much like some other humans.
    Can you provide us with some examples of these humans (living anywhere in the world today) that are being controlled by other humans? Thanks.
    Be Not Afraid.

Banned
    Not The CU's Cooperative House LiberNigglet
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Could be that it's all part of their plan. I've seen no evidence to the contrary.

However, why don't you go back and read the article again (or three more times if you have to) and tell us why your question does not follow the material presented in the article.
    I read the post, JB. I merely offered a counter-point. The author appears to be mistaking pattern recognition and adaptive behavior for intelligence. There are animals, such as the elephant, for instance, that demonstrate abstract thinking and self-awareness, a sign of higher thinking. Chimpanzees, several birds and even otters demonstrate that they can use tools. And they've been able to do tests on some parrots and crows to suggest they have a sense of humor, though I can't quite recall how that was done.

The bathing example doesn't demonstrate anything other than the pigs are probably responding to sensual input. The cooling water is comfortable. There's no evidence suggesting that it's anything beyond that.
    Can you provide us with some examples of these humans (living anywhere in the world today) that are being controlled by other humans? Thanks.
    Um... the prison system, anyone?