1. #1 Toobin: Obama healthcare reform law 'in grave, grave trouble' 
    Jeffrey Toobin think Obamacare is in trouble going by the questions that were asked. Harry Reid thinks Toobin isn't experienced enough in court to make that call.

Toobin: Obama healthcare reform law 'in grave, grave trouble'

A top legal analyst predicted Tuesday that the Obama administration's healthcare reform legislation seemed likely to be struck down by the Supreme Court.

Jeffrey Toobin, a lawyer and legal analyst, who writes about legal topics for The New Yorker said the law looked to be in "trouble." He called it a "trainwreck for the Obama administration."

"This law looks like it's going to be struck down. I'm telling you, all of the predictions, including mine, that the justices would not have a problem with this law were wrong," Toobin said Tuesday on CNN. "I think this law is in grave, grave trouble."

Toobin's observation came on the second day of oral arguments at the Supreme Court over the constitutionality of the Affordable Care Act.

Earlier that day, Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, who could be the deciding vote on whether to uphold the law, told Solicitor General Donald Verrilli that there appeared to be a "very heavy burden of justification" on aspects of the law, according to The Wall Street Journal.

Toobin described Kennedy as "enormously skeptical" during the arguments Tuesday.

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) said tough questions from the justices did not indicate how the court would rule and took to task a legal analyst who said otherwise.

“I’ve been in court a lot more than Jeffrey Toobin and I had arguments, federal, circuit, Supreme Court and hundreds of times before trial courts,” Reid said. “And the questions you get from the judges doesn’t mean that’s what’s going to wind up with the opinion.”

Given the questions that even the Liberal Justices were asking in the soundbites I heard...this thing is sinking aster than the Titanic.

And leave it do Dingy Harry to start arrainging deck chairs....
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Lets not dance yet. I'm sure you all remember when Brown won his seat, we all thought it was over and it would never pass. Still plenty of time of dirty politics.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Power CUer
    I've heard oral arguments before, and what sounds confrontational is often just informational. The final outcome is not carved in stone from the questions. It's going to be interesting to see how this goes. Today's topic, severability, will help decide if the law can stand without the individual mandate (which may well not stand - just my opinion).
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Well, Obama's solicitor general must certainly be winning over the SCOTUS with his compelling oratory...

"The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Power CUer
    I think BuzzFeed strung together every verbal noise he made. I did listen to the audio, as I am doing for all three days, and he did seem to have some kind of coughing/choking spell in the beginning, which required water.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I think BuzzFeed strung together every verbal noise he made. I did listen to the audio, as I am doing for all three days, and he did seem to have some kind of coughing/choking spell in the beginning, which required water.
    They did, and it's hilarious.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)