Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Do you bring your lunch to work? 
    The cafeteria is using the ol' nickel and diming trick. They offer 50% off on most foods for employees, but the prices keep rising and all the extra's that came with a meal are now being weighed. 50% sounds like a big discount, but ordering a beverage, a cold sandwich with a side of chips is $6.00. Their hot meals usually cost anywhere from $6-$8 depending on the entree. 50% off is not a huge discount when they double the price.

I have decided that I will start bringing my lunch to work. Snacks too.

Yesterday, I had left over chicken parmiggiana with a side of rice. I brought a snack size microwave popcorn bag, a can of pepsi and 2 little pieces of dove chocolates. Today was a tuna salad on white, an orange and 3 small cookies for dessert. I'm enjoying my meals more and probably saving a small chunk of change.

How about y'all, presuming you work or go to school? Buy or bring?

I eat lunch at local restaurants. Try to keep it under $20.

Oh, there was this place I discovered recently with some co-workers. They have this burger... it's 1/2 beef, 1/4 lamb, 1/4 duck and you get it with bacon and cheese. OMFG. Ranks up there with a wild boar burger you can get on the other side of town.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    The cafeteria is using the ol' nickel and diming trick. They offer 50% off on most foods for employees, but the prices keep rising and all the extra's that came with a meal are now being weighed. 50% sounds like a big discount, but ordering a beverage, a cold sandwich with a side of chips is $6.00. Their hot meals usually cost anywhere from $6-$8 depending on the entree. 50% off is not a huge discount when they double the price.

I have decided that I will start bringing my lunch to work. Snacks too.

Yesterday, I had left over chicken parmiggiana with a side of rice. I brought a snack size microwave popcorn bag, a can of pepsi and 2 little pieces of dove chocolates. Today was a tuna salad on white, an orange and 3 small cookies for dessert. I'm enjoying my meals more and probably saving a small chunk of change.

How about y'all, presuming you work or go to school? Buy or bring?
    Bring. They're not bad, but I don't think I could eat from the restaurants near work every day.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    I eat lunch at local restaurants. Try to keep it under $20.

Oh, there was this place I discovered recently with some co-workers. They have this burger... it's 1/2 beef, 1/4 lamb, 1/4 duck and you get it with bacon and cheese. OMFG. Ranks up there with a wild boar burger you can get on the other side of town.
    I want one!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

I live about 5 minutes from my office and we generally take 1.5 hours for lunch (11:30 - 12:00). So I usually come home and take my dogs out for a walk. Occasionally I have lunch meetings and we order catering in at the office.

Quote Originally Posted by Kay View Post
    I live about 5 minutes from my office and we generally take 1.5 hours for lunch (11:30 - 12:00). So I usually come home and take my dogs out for a walk. Occasionally I have lunch meetings and we order catering in at the office.
    Do you live outside the space-time continuum, that's 30 min?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Hey 30 minutes with me always feels like an hour and a half.
    Actually Rock, I was just testing your reading comprehension.
    That should have been 11:30 - 1:00.

I work from home, so my kitchen is my lunchbox.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

I'm not allowed to bring in anything but 2 bottles of water leaving me 3 choices: Prison food prepared by inmates, eating junk out of vending machines, or nothing at all for 8 hours(more if I get stuck at work). Since I'm diabetic, option 3 isn't a good one, however, it's usually the on I opt for.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    I work from home, so my kitchen is my lunchbox.
    Okay so like that is really hard, reach into the fridge, grab a banana and scratch your balls!