Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Scalia Says Court Canít Be Bothered To Read Obamacare 
    DUers are OUTRAGED that the court won't read all 2700 pages of Obamacare before giving a ruling.

Funny. They weren't at all outraged that those who VOTED on the bill didn't have time to read it before voting.

link

Star Member kpete (33,301 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

View profile

Scalia Says Court Canít Be Bothered To Read Obamacare: ĎYou Really Want Us To Go Through These 2,700
    Source: Think Progress

Scalia Says Court Canít Be Bothered To Read Obamacare: ĎYou Really Want Us To Go Through These 2,700 Pages?í

By Amanda Peterson Beadle on Mar 28, 2012 at 4:51 pm

During the last day of Supreme Court hearings about the Affordable Care Act, the justices covered whether or not the entire law could stand if the individual mandate was struck down and the lawís expansion of Medicaid. But Justice Antonin Scalia seemed surprised that someone would have expected the justices to read the text of the health care reform law before the hearings:

JUSTICE SCALIA: Mr. Kneedler, what happened to the Eighth Amendment? You really want us to go through these 2,700 pages? (Laughter.) And do you really expect the Court to do that? Or do you expect us to ó to give this function to our law clerks? Is this not totally unrealistic? That we are going to go through this enormous bill item by item and decide each one?

Read more: http://thinkprogress.org/special/201...se-2700-pages/
    Star Member HubertHeaver (519 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    1. Then, Justice Scalia, why did you take the case? Do you want to rule in ignorance?
    abelenkpe (4,572 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    2. Whaaaaaat?!

Yes I expect that fat lazy bastard to read what he's about to give an opinion on. WTF?
    anti-alec (170 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    5. If the Esteemed Justice can't be bothered to read the whole thing

Then the esteemed Justice can tender his resignation to Barack H. Obama as soon as possible.

And take your talking dummy with you - that's Justice Clarence "Pervert" Thomas. He doesn't work.
    Star Member global1 (9,153 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    8. Well If You Are Going To Decide The Fate Of Healthcare For 300+ Million Americans......

your damn right I really expect you to do that Mr. Scalia!!!!!!!!!
    DU Bigots and hypocrites: To rule on whether the mandate is constitutional-must read and understand entire law. To vote it into existence: no nead to read or understand.
    Dont call me Shirley (599 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    11. You should have read the bill before you heard the case!

That IS YOUR resonsibility.

BTW: You nor any SCJ have the right to rule on the constitutionality of any laws passed by congress. That is not a power given you in the US Constitution.
    Brooklyn Dame (17 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    12. Scalia just proved himself to be a pure wingnut...

That is how the far Right (wrongs) have governed -- pass laws that they don't read, propose laws that they don't study the impact of. They're all store bought and paid for.

http://borderlessnewsandviews.com/20...no-confidence/
    Star Member Cass (2,494 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    62. Yeah, damn right I expect it. That's what they are paid to do.

How the hell else are they going to make an informed decision? They can't very well make a decision without reading the document! I'm sorry but this is just lame, lame, lame.
    Most of them are also extremely uniformed about what this case is all about.

They do remember that Congress was told that they should sign it first and then read it, right?

no no no no no...

dummies, the lawMAKERS should've read the bill before they passed it...

but i beat a dead horse here
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Sometimes I look around and honestly believe I am living in some kind of Bizzaro Superman world when I read the stuff that gets posted there. Good post Carol.

Scalia should really break balls and subpoena Pelosi to have the law read before the court. Then when she's done say "good now we both know what's in it".
    Be Not Afraid.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sometimes I look around and honestly believe I am living in some kind of Bizzaro Superman world when I read the stuff that gets posted there. Good post Carol.

Scalia should really break balls and subpoena Pelosi to have the law read before the court. Then when she's done say "good now we both know what's in it".
    LMAO, that would be awesome....hell demand that every single network bring cameras in and broadcast it live on TV so EVERYONE would know what the hell is in this POS
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    LMAO, that would be awesome....hell demand that every single network bring cameras in and broadcast it live on TV so EVERYONE would know what the hell is in this POS
    Either that or everyone in the courtroom plus 300 million Americans would simultaneously be taking a nap.
    Be Not Afraid.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Either that or everyone in the courtroom plus 300 million Americans would simultaneously be taking a nap.
    lol, true that
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    DUmmies are always "Outraged" about something.
    Morons.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    DUmmies are always "Outraged" about something.
    Morons.
    They seem happiest when their every need is taken care of and their freedoms are taken away, sounds like jail would be heaven for them.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Don't they understand that you have to overturn the law in order to see what's in it?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!