Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Don't they understand that you have to overturn the law in order to see what's in it?

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Sometimes I look around and honestly believe I am living in some kind of Bizzaro Superman world when I read the stuff that gets posted there. Good post Carol.

Scalia should really break balls and subpoena Pelosi to have the law read before the court. Then when she's done say "good now we both know what's in it".
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    LMAO, that would be awesome....hell demand that every single network bring cameras in and broadcast it live on TV so EVERYONE would know what the hell is in this POS
    What would be priceless is if they made the Wicked Witch read it and explain it after each subsection. That would be hysterical since the tiny brained idiot wouldn;t have a clue.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    What would be priceless is if they made the Wicked Witch read it and explain it after each subsection. That would be hysterical since the tiny brained idiot wouldn;t have a clue.
    Do you know how many gin and tonics I would need to get through that?

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Do you know how many gin and tonics I would need to get through that?
    Mmm... might be fun to find out.

http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
    Nancy Pelosi
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

How can anyone of those bags of douche complain after Nancy Pisslosi said the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    How can anyone of those bags of douche complain after Nancy Pisslosi said the exact same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Because they hold the rest of the world to impossibly high standards while holding themselves to none.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

I always thought that the individual justices' clerks and interns did the actual reading of the cases and summarized them by writing briefs for the justices to read.

That's kind of how the lawyers I know have explained it to me, but they are all mostly juvie court lawyers.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I always thought that the individual justices' clerks and interns did the actual reading of the cases and summarized them by writing briefs for the justices to read.

That's kind of how the lawyers I know have explained it to me, but they are all mostly juvie court lawyers.
    Given the fact that there were several sections of the 2,700 pages that were blank when the bill was signed and marked to be filled in later...I doubt anyone knows what is actually in the pages that do have any writing on them.

Congress didn't, why should the Supremes? In less flippant terms, though, the Justices are not obliged to slog through it, only the parts that are actually relevant to the issue in front of them, and under our adversarial litigation system, it is the job of the parties and any allowed amicus curiae to brief the legal issues so that detailed reading of the entire waste of trees by the Justices is not required.