Thread: Supreme Court: Conservatismís Intellectual Crown Jewel

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    That would be true. But no one is saying the Supreme Court is just another partisan branch of government. No one at all.
    If they overturn the entire law, they will be.

Republicans have campaigned on repeal since it was signed into law. They did not overturn The Bipartisan Campaign Reform Act of 2002 in Citizens United. If the Individual Mandate is unconstitutional, then rule that it is unconstitutional and let the Legislative and Executive Branches do their jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    If they overturn the entire law, they will be...........
    Well, OK, but that is you saying that, not me. I do not believe that the Supreme Court is just another "partisan branch of government". You asked me if I was saying it; I said no; then you said it. A little confusing, I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Well, OK, but that is you saying that, not me. I do not believe that the Supreme Court is just another "partisan branch of government". You asked me if I was saying it; I said no; then you said it. A little confusing, I find it.
    These are not the droids you are looking for ......

And if the Supreme Court is just another partisan branch of government, but unlike the other two branches, unanswerable to the citizens of this nation, then they cannot be trusted to impartially adjudicate disputes.
    As a practical matter, no one can truly be trusted to impartially adjudicate disputes. We can never be sure when someone's biases come in to play when making "impartial" decisions. The person making a decision can't actually know if he or she is truly being impartial.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

These are not the droids you are looking for ......
    Then where are the Sumbitches??!

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    As a practical matter, no one can truly be trusted to impartially adjudicate disputes. We can never be sure when someone's biases come in to play when making "impartial" decisions. The person making a decision can't actually know if he or she is truly being impartial.
    (Whew) Someone finally stepped in and used the right words. I've done beat the bushes flat trying to say that.

After all, if Supreme Court Justices were truly, actually, absolutely, impartial we could just replace them with a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It has already taken more than a breath. And why would you want people to go without health care?
    princess, who is going without health care now?

i'll wait...
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    It has already taken more than a breath. And why would you want people to go without health care?
    I've had healthcare coverage my entire WORKING life. Of course, I do have to work for it. But you are right about it already taking a breath. A third of this country's hospitals will be shut down within a few years if Obamacare takes off . About a hundred employees have already been cut from my hospital....not to mention 2,000 workers being cut from Jackson in Miami. Hospital Layoffs are being announced nearly every day around the country. And no, it's not just management, it's mainly clinical personnel. Unemployment rate going up, mortality rates going down, healthcare premiums will skyrocket, appointment waits will increase dramatically and nurse to patient ratios will increase.
    I can't think of anything worse in my lifetime than Obamacare. He saved the auto industry but will now ruin our healthcare.
    You are foolish, ignorant and naive if you believe anything else.