Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Not The CU's Cooperative House LiberNigglet
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    It's always been somewhat intriguing, yet puzzling to me as to why blacks haven't been assimilated into the general culture the way some other ethnic groups have who haven't been in this country nearly as long. And I don't think the stock answer of "white racism" is close to being the real factor.
    I know. I mean, they only speak English, have American last names, attend most of our public schools and, like the Asians, many Hispanics, Indians and Amish they just stubbornly refuse to blend in. What's up with that?

If you disagree, and believe that blacks have successfully melded into the culture, how would you explain the rift between the races that the OP touched upon? Why do blacks feel so disinfranchised? Why is there such a disparity of opinion when Jackson makes a statement such as "there is a war on black people"? Why is educational achievement by black students sometimes mocked as "acting white"?

Banned
    Asian, Middle Eastern, Indian, Inuit, Indonesian fire dancers, tibetan monks, just to name a few.

Asian,
    Just walk into almost any Chinese restaurant. They tend to keep the businesses to themselves. Blend in, my ass they do.

Middle Eastern
    Just walk into almost any 7-Eleven. They tend to keep the businesses to themselves. Blend in, my ass they do.

Indian
    Well, they blend in with the Middle Easterners.

Inuit
    They're an endangered species, so I can't say.

Indonesian fire dancers, tibetan monks, just to name a few.
    Oh, you're being sarcastic. Sorry.

Banned
    If you disagree, and believe that blacks have successfully melded into the culture, how would you explain the rift between the races that the OP touched upon? Why do blacks feel so disinfranchised? Why is there such a disparity of opinion when Jackson makes a statement such as "there is a war on black people"? Why is educational achievement by black students sometimes mocked as "acting white"?

If you are talking to me, I'm asking you to defend your position that all ethnic groups have "assimilated" except "Blacks".

You made the statement, I'm asking you to explain it..

Quote Originally Posted by An Ancient Pest View Post

They're an endangered species, so I can't say.

Not as endangered as you are right now!
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 03-29-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Banned
    I know. I mean, they only speak English, have American last names, attend most of our public schools and, like the Asians, many Hispanics, Indians and Amish they just stubbornly refuse to blend in. What's up with that?

I really hope you die in a freak auto erotic asphyxiation/ hamster in the ass "accident".

Banned
    I'm not entirely disagreeing, but I'm just taking issue to how you seemed to single the blacks out. No ethnic group has, or ever will totally assimilate with any ideal American society. But if we want to focus on them, they do have an unique history in this country, and some of the older ones still remember what it was like to live under Jim Crow. Then again, I won't pretend to fully get it because I'm not black.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Pirate View Post
    I really hope you die in a freak auto erotic asphyxiation/ hamster in the ass "accident".
    Oh, a death wish over the internet! Fuck yourself, you asshole.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Not as endangered as you are right now!
    You always in the habit of waving your ban-hammer at irrelevant moments, because I'll have you know that your use of it will not deter me.

Banned
    Oh, a death wish over the internet! Fuck yourself, you asshole.

Ok then, thanks..