Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Banned
    Not The CU's Cooperative House LiberNigglet
    Quote Originally Posted by Gentleman Pirate View Post
    Ok then, thanks..
    You just said you wanted me to die in real life. Why not find a means to make sure it happens and come find me, tough guy? Fucking keyboard commando.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by An Ancient Pest View Post
    You just said you wanted me to die in real life. Why not find a means to make sure it happens and come find me, tough guy? Fucking keyboard commando.
    I knew it.. I knew you were Txradioguy all along..

Here cry into this glass.. Mmmmm, your tears are so yummy and sweet.

but seriously, die in a fire...

You always in the habit of waving your ban-hammer at irrelevant moments, because I'll have you know that your use of it will not deter me.
    Deter you from what?

I think I just did that, did I not? I'm not saying "all" cultures, and I didn't say "refused" to blend in. Recent events have only highlighted the gulf between the races. Why is it that there is still such a wide disparity in the viewpoints of recent events? Why are African Americans still over represented in the lower poverty rates? In the prison populations? Single parent families? Blacks have been in this country longer than recent immigrants, but yes, their numbers are significantly higher. Is it because of a concious effort of the predominant white culture to hold them back, or are there other factors?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Deter you from what?
    The fact that you're asking this question shows your poor understanding of the concept of differing opinions. Oh, we go well beyond the DU, you know

I'm not entirely disagreeing, but I'm just taking issue to how you seemed to single the blacks out. No ethnic group has, or ever will totally assimilate with any ideal American society. But if we want to focus on them, they do have an unique history in this country, and some of the older ones still remember what it was like to live under Jim Crow. Then again, I won't pretend to fully get it because I'm not black.
    I don't totally agree with what seems to be a liberal concept that the issue can't be discussed or fully understood by non-blacks, that's why I threw it up for discussion. I don't think the term "blend in" is the same as assimilate into, and that is why I didn't use it. Yes, I know that many other cultures tend to stick to themselves. That in itself isn't as bad as it sounds, and is perhaps normal for recent immigrants. I agree that their history in this country is unique. But eventually that can be overcome, can it not? The same with Jim Crow and seperate water fountains. But haven't we come a ways past that?
    Last edited by Lager; 03-29-2012 at 06:52 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    I think I just did that, did I not? I'm not saying "all" cultures, and I didn't say "refused" to blend in. Recent events have only highlighted the gulf between the races. Why is it that there is still such a wide disparity in the viewpoints of recent events? Why are African Americans still over represented in the lower poverty rates? In the prison populations? Single parent families? Blacks have been in this country longer than recent immigrants, but yes, their numbers are significantly higher. Is it because of a concious effort of the predominant white culture to hold them back, or are there other factors?
    Apologies for misinterpreting you. I have no argument and no answers.

Banned
    I have no argument and no answers.
    All you had to say is "look at my last 80 messages".

The fact that you're asking this question shows your poor understanding of the concept of differing opinions. Oh, we go well beyond the DU, you know
    I thought you were going to say deter me from being an asshole. Take a few days off, chump.

How's that for a differing opinion?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    I thought you were going to say deter me from being an asshole. Take a few days off, chump.

How's that for a differing opinion?
    Since you got banned, I set up an email account just for you. gentlemanpirate12@gmail.com

Go ahead and reach out to me for the next week at this email and i'll knock you around for the next few days. It will make you feel like you never left.
    Last edited by Gentleman Pirate; 03-29-2012 at 07:06 PM.