1. #1 The 7 Biggest Dick Moves in the History of Superheroes Read more: The 7 Biggest Dick 
    Banned

Excuse me, but, I consider one of the biggest bone headed (I refuse to use the gutter term) moves I ever heard of was when someone launched a post about comic book characters in a conservative forum during a particularly crucial period in American development.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Excuse me, but, I consider one of the biggest bone headed (I refuse to use the gutter term) moves I ever heard of was when someone launched a post about comic book characters in a conservative forum during a particularly crucial period in American development.
    What in the holy hell are you talking about? This is what the lounge is for.

The article sure managed to high light some of the worst writers for the comics of their time.
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    The article sure managed to high light some of the worst writers for the comics of their time.
    The comics reflected their times. They were lame, but they weren't the biggest "dick" moves in the history of the business. The way that National Periodical Publications (now DC Comics) screwed over Siegel and Schuster by withholding payments for work done unless they signed over the rights to their creation, Superman, is up there. So is Marvel's failure to secure Jack Kirby's artwork (the reason for their inability to return his work is that all originals were stored in a warehouse whose security was minimal, and most of the pages had been either stolen or destroyed by neglect, but unfortunately, Jim Shooter ended up having to bear the brunt of that culpability, even though it had begun decades before his watch as editor in chief). Marvel's ongoing lawsuit to keep DC from publishing Captain Marvel as Captain Marvel, even though the character name predates Marvel's use of the name, would be another example. Ron Perelman's expansion of the Marvel line in the 90's, solely to milk the company and offset his losses at Revlon, which ended up exacerbating the bubble that caused Marvel to have to file for Chapter 11 would be another example. The decision by Carmine Infantino, then publisher of DC, to cancel the Specter, despite terrific sales, because he didn't like the character, would be a great example, as would the decision to give the Punisher books to an editor who openly stated that he hated the character and wanted to see the books cancelled, and did everything that he could to make that happen.

The idiots whose short-sighted policies and scummy business practices have led to decades of declining sales have done more damage than any supervillains.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

You guys should see the horrible Spiderman comic that was made for Children's services in the 80s. Spiderman was molested as a child!! That's not really accurate, Peter Parker was molested as a child. It's still really awful.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    You guys should see the horrible Spiderman comic that was made for Children's services in the 80s. Spiderman was molested as a child!! That's not really accurate, Peter Parker was molested as a child. It's still really awful.
    Did he use Hostess products to defeat the molester?

Marvel does a lot of custom comics for corporate clients. These take place outside of the Marvel continuity and involve all manner of dubious plot elements. The critical thing is that they sell the client's product or viewpoint.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Did he use Hostess products to defeat the molester?

Marvel does a lot of custom comics for corporate clients. These take place outside of the Marvel continuity and involve all manner of dubious plot elements. The critical thing is that they sell the client's product or viewpoint.
    You mean just like when Aunt May became the Herald of Galactus and was ordered to find him "Twinkles" to eat? Yeah, that really happened.....

http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chron...m-up_137.shtml
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

#7 is already stupid. They make it sound like Asians look like The Simpsons. Also, it's not the color yellow the Green Lanterns don't like. The color yellow is just the color of the Sinestro Corps and it's those members, not the color, the Lanterns dislike. And how is the nickname "Pieface" racist? I can see shovel face but not pie face.

As for #1, what the hell?
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.