1. #1 The Bible...we can quote it, too. 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Teh Stupid, we is it!!! The Pittster speaks!!!

Thu Mar 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
    WilliamPitt

The Bible...we can quote it, too.
    The DUmmies aren't anti-religion. Well, as long as the religion isn't Catholic.

While I'm not very religious myself, I don't go around pretending I am so I can knock it. The morons are transparent as hell and think they are "cool"...
    May the FORCE be with you!

That's cute. DUmmies discussing religion. Like engineering, economics and bathing they know absolutely nothing about it.

Here's the sign that has their atheist panties twisted:

First of all, they can't even get the scripture right. That verse is not 13 to 21. It's just 21.

Secondly, if they understood anything, they would know that stoning was the punishment for that crime at that time in history. I understand what they are trying to say with their idiocy but that sign proves nothing. If a man from that time were to boink a married woman, he would have been stoned to death for that crime.

Furthermore, we (the US) execute people today for crimes they commit and there are people that consider us barbarians for doing so. The society in 3,000 years from now will probably look upon us as very simple minded individuals because we strap people into electric chairs to kill those we don't like.

Now, since they are tearing apart Christianity in that thread what the idiots don't discuss is that guy Christ (that they loathe) came along and gave them a new way of thinking. When they asked Him if they should kill a woman for committing adultery, He merely told them "let he who is without sin cast the first stone". But like all one hit wonders that think they have "gotcha" moments with the Bible, Christ wasn't fooled either.

I'm no expert on Old Testament Jewish law or the Bible in general so if anyone wants to correct me, feel free.

And finally the great irony: Jews and Christians in the year 2012 don't stone people to death for adultery or infidelity. But DU's beloved Muslims do. AHoles.
    Be Not Afraid.

Do the DUmmies really want to respect the Old Testament? Tell you what DUmmies, show me a homosexual who can pass the virginity test.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Thu Mar 29, 2012, 12:13 PM
    WilliamPitt

The Bible...we can quote it, too.
    Ok ArmPitt...show me ther chapter and verse that states Jesus was a Liberal and he'd support social welfare.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Here's the sign that has their atheist panties twisted:

That's not my problem. That's God's covenant with the Jewish tribe. I had to worked my own deal with Him.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    That's not my problem. That's God's covenant with the Jewish tribe. I had to worked my own deal with Him.
    I can't quote chapter and verse and explain the intrinsic details involved but the Jewish people broke their Covenant with God. So he disabled their GPS for 40 yrs then established a new Covenant with all people.

To The OP: the trouble with people quoting the bible is misunderstanding of terminology, certain verses relate back to previous verses changing the meaning/purpose of the verse taken on it's face or all by it's self.
    Last edited by Zeus; 03-30-2012 at 11:47 AM.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    I can't quote chapter and verse and explain the intrinsic details involved but the Jewish people broke their Covenant with God. So he disabled their GPS for 40 yrs then established a new Covenant with all people.
    Crap. I like bacon.

Crap. I like bacon.
    Do you like it enough to disavow your Muslim faith and convert to Christianity ? I say Muslim because you already declared you are not a follower of Judaism.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Crap. I like bacon.
    I know lots of jews who eat bacon. They are reform jews, of course. They reason that God was looking out for the Israelites always, but now that we have modern food preservation techniques (ie refrigerators), He can focus on other areas in which they need His protection.

Most of my reform jewish friends give up pork for passover, though, in honor of Moses and the Exodus.