Thread: Lottery Marxism

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I just shake my head when I see the lines waiting to purchase these tickets. Yesterday the grocery store was packed with last minute ticket purchases. All I could think of was that the winning tickets were probably sold months ago.

I'm happy for the winners. I hope it brings joy to them and their families.
    When my aunt was here visiting I took her straight to the store to buy tickets. In Florida and California it always seems like the winner is a tourist or an illegal alien, so I figured it was a 50/50 chance she would win. Curses, foiled again.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    But I thought Florida has a Lottery? We used to drive to a little down just across the border when I lived in Alabama to get tickets.
    Not all states participate in Mega Millions just as not all states participate in Powerball. NJ has both.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Not all states participate in Mega Millions just as not all states participate in Powerball. NJ has both.
    Ahhh ok I see now.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    But I thought Florida has a Lottery? We used to drive to a little down just across the border when I lived in Alabama to get tickets.
    FL has it's own state lotto and we have PowerBall which is up to 60 million for tonight.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    FL has it's own state lotto and we have PowerBall which is up to 60 million for tonight.
    There has to be some way "we (and by that I mean you " could start a lotto pool here on the board.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    There has to be some way "we (and by that I mean you " could start a lotto pool here on the board.
    I'll have to run it by Nadin over on DU, I'm sure she'll be able to tell me.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Politically tired.
    The Marxist lottery, 'eh? I've heard it all now.

I hope that one DUer realizes they made the argument for why the lottery shouldn't be legal talking about false hope and all. lol.

I meant to buy a ticket and didn't. I don't usually buy a whole lot of tickets because I get aggravated at never winning. One time, I was like "Gambling's stupid, can I have another scratch off?" lol. Now, scratch offs are fun. I'm actually moving my fingers then.

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    ................... All I could think of was that the winning tickets were probably sold months ago.

Think about that for a minute.....

There were no winners at the drawing earlier this week.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.

Dave Ramsey, who is hardly a commie, also thinks that lotteries are morally wrong and calls them a tax on the poor (Family Guy calls them a tax on stupid people).

I don't agree with him, but I get the point he's making-poor people dream of an easy way out of poverty, and few ever win the lottery.