Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 28
  1. #11  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Cutting the throat of one of our biggest allies is not in this countries best interest but I think Obama has his own group of allies that work against our country with him.
    Do you think a war in the Middle East between Iran and Israel serves our interests as a nation?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,550
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Which nation should the President be concerned about, Israel or his own? If he thinks a war in the Middle East between Iran and Israel (no telling who else gets involved after that) would not be in the interests of the United States of America, shouldn't he work to prevent it?

    I would say the US, although we should continue to value Israel as an ally.

    Bolton makes this claim, then states that he has no proof of it.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    7,776
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Do you think a war in the Middle East between Iran and Israel serves our interests as a nation?
    Someone has to do more than just talk. Israel seems ready to do just that. And since they have a vested interest in stopping Iran...probably moreso than we do...who are we to get in their way of doing what this President and his staff seems incapable of doing...which is stopping Iran.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Do you think a war in the Middle East between Iran and Israel serves our interests as a nation?
    If supporting our alley means war yes. You have zero honor, people like you and Obama will not keep your word on anything.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I would say the US, although we should continue to value Israel as an ally.
    I agree. The notion that the President of the United States should be more concerned about another nation than his own, is bizarre. And Israel isn't even a NATO level ally.

    Bolton makes this claim, then states that he has no proof of it.
    Bolton says alot of things .........
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,062
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I agree. The notion that the President of the United States should be more concerned about another nation than his own, is bizarre. And Israel isn't even a NATO level ally.



    Bolton says alot of things .........
    You don't sell out the military secrets of your best allies or no one will trust you.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    Secretary of State John Bolton has a nice ring to it though.

    http://www.electstevedawes.com/
    Agreed. If nothing else, the exodus of rats from Foggy Bottom would be fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Which nation should the President be concerned about, Israel or his own? If he thinks a war in the Middle East between Iran and Israel (no telling who else gets involved after that) would not be in the interests of the United States of America, shouldn't he work to prevent it?
    He's more concerned with the effects of a Middle Eastern war on his approval ratings and reelection prospects, since it might interfere with him having more room to give concessions to the Russians.

    Leaking classified information that was provided by an ally in order to undermine the ally's critical security requirements destroys trust and confidence, but doesn't prevent anything, it just makes it more difficult for that ally to operate. The mission will continue, because Israel has no choice in the matter (or do you not believe that Iran will use nuclear weapons in a first strike on Israel, as they have repeatedly said that they will do?), but it will now continue without our being in the loop. Since the Iranians will not believe that we aren't in the loop, and will, in fact, place equal blame on us for any Israeli action, then Obama has guaranteed that we will be caught flat-footed when Israel does act, because they sure as hell won't trust us again. And let's not forget that Iran is at war with us, as they have repeatedly stated. An Iranian nuke doesn't need an ICBM to reach us. They can hand it off to terrorists, or use their new port facilities that Hugo Chavez has so thoughtfully provided to them to bring it close to our coastline. There is also solid evidence of Mexican drug cartels working with Iran and other Islamists, which means that a nuke could be smuggled across our southern border. That means that the cities that are most at risk are San Diego, Dallas, San Antonio and Houston.

    Obama's actions have failed to stop any raid, but have reduced its chances for success, and further endangered the US, which now has far less intel coming from Israel or any other Middle Eastern state (the Saudis, Jordanians and Iraqis aren't too keen on living under Iranian nuclear hegemony, either). He's not so much shot us in the foot as stabbed us in the eyes.

    Oh, and our NATO ally in the region, Turkey, just had a lovely tete-a-tete with Iran, in which Erdoğan defended Iran’s nuclear program and expressed solidarity with their response "to the arrogance of the Western countries.”
    Last edited by Odysseus; 03-30-2012 at 11:23 AM.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    Senior Member Arroyo_Doble's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ft Worth
    Posts
    3,788
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Since the Iranians will not believe that we aren't in the loop, and will, in fact, place equal blame on us for any Israeli action, then Obama has guaranteed that we will be caught flat-footed when Israel does act, because they sure as hell won't trust us again.
    You really think Iran would have given us a pass had Israel attacked them before this leak (I am going on the assumption it is true .... not always the case with anonymous sources)?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,563
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Which nation should the President be concerned about, Israel or his own? If he thinks a war in the Middle East between Iran and Israel (no telling who else gets involved after that) would not be in the interests of the United States of America, shouldn't he work to prevent it?
    What "work" is the moron accomplishing (or even attempting)? I don't call ratting out your ally as a low life traitor "work."
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    You really think Iran would have given us a pass had Israel attacked them before this leak (I am going on the assumption it is true .... not always the case with anonymous sources)?
    No, Iran would be targeting us on general principle. The point is that I'd rather that they not have functional nuclear weapons when they do it.

    As for the rest, your BS about our expecting Obama to put Israeli interests ahead of ours is a typical straw man. The US and Israel share a common enemy in Iran, but Israel is closer, and therefore the threat to them is greater, but don't pretend that Iran will not target us. We're in this together, and undermining our ally is nonsensical.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •