1. #1 Sexist gun ads showing blonde, full breasted, mini-skirted woman pointing a pink gun 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/117225437#post52

HockeyMom (8,058 posts)

Sexist gun ads showing blonde, full breasted, mini-skirted woman pointing a pink gun
    My lifetime NRA, gun/amo mag subscribing, husband thinks these mags are geared to women!!!!!! What a crock. They are appealing to MALE fantasies. Women with guns look like that and are sexy! I find them very offensive as a feminist, and older woman. See, ladies, if you buy our PINK GUN, this is what you will look like!!!! Didn't look like that at 23, and most certainly will not at 63.

If I ever were to consider buying a gun, it most certainly wouldn't be pink, and definitely not because some sexy "babe" is try to sell me that way.

Male fantasies. They gear these guns and ads all to male fantasies. Actually, I find this whole gun culture, not only dangerous, but extremely insulting as a woman. Yes, being married to a gun supporter. Tell me, about the NRA and their literature. It goes in the garbage if I get the mail first.

BTW, I just joined the Brady Campaign today. Never thought twice about it in the state of NY, but since living in Florida with all their lax gun laws and lives threatened by it, I felt compelled to. Yes, as the wife of an NRA memeber. Bet they would never consider THAT, would the
    This is the funniest thread I have seen in a long time. The rest of the Duers in the Guns forum really take here to task on this one. Several post embedded videos of sexy ads selling hamburgers, soap, chips, Hooters, etc.

What kind of man would put up with a woman who throws his magazines away before he gets them? My wife reads my American Rifleman too.

HockeyMom (8,058 posts)

Sexist gun ads showing blonde, full breasted, mini-skirted woman pointing a pink gun
    Shut up and start making sandwiches.

A pink gun would not match with much of my wardrobe. Silver or black would, though.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    A pink gun would not match with much of my wardrobe. Silver or black would, though.
    Fortunately for you, most guns come in either stainless steel or black. Would you like to see something in 9 mm?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

I just looked in on the thread comments, and it reads as if it were posted here! I had no idea that there were so many gun-owning DU members. They're tearing the OP a new one, and some of the responses are a riot. If this thread isn't locked by tomorrow, I'll be very surprised.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I just looked in on the thread comments, and it reads as if it were posted here! I had no idea that there were so many gun-owning DU members. They're tearing the OP a new one, and some of the responses are a riot. If this thread isn't locked by tomorrow, I'll be very surprised.
    I love the gun fourm, its where most of the sane DUers hang out.