Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Sharpton will show up if they are convicted, to demand a retrial.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    .................. No ganging up. No tripping. No hitting once on the ground. No kicking. No weapons. And you stop when you have won.
    Not in the public schools of CA and hasn't been in decades(?) Went to college with a guy who grew up in that environment and taught for a year with a fellow who taught out there. Gangs rule and have done so for most of the last 100 years.

The first guy talked about switchblades and potato razors, the second quit his job when he had to rip a 1x4 off the back of the desks to defend against his 'students'.
    Last edited by Retread; 04-01-2012 at 11:35 PM.
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I want a T-shirt that says "I was Pedro Morales (whatever) , now I am NRA".

Seriously, I expected people to fight in my forcibly integrated junior high school in 1972. What I didn't expect was the black culture apparently had no moral dictate that fights should be fairly evenly matched and one on one. At my Catholic school, we had fist fights that looked like something out of a British movie. Two boy in the middle, surrounded by a rings of their classmates who pushed them into the fight and then stood back and enforced the rules. No ganging up. No tripping. No hitting once on the ground. No kicking. No weapons. And you stop when you have won.
    Any breaking of those rules was shameful and cowardly. Now, self preservation demands you have equal backup.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand