Thread: Black-Korean Tensions Flare in Dallas

1. #1 Black-Korean Tensions Flare in Dallas 
    Black-Korean Tensions Flare in Dallas
    http://news.newamericamedia.org/news...851181972c8e16

Doing so meant setting up shop in a traditionally African American neighborhood long besieged by joblessness and economic blight. It’s a pattern repeated by Korean American business owners across the country, from New York’s Flushing Meadows to Oakland and Los Angeles, where in 1992 riots erupted that have left an enduring scar on the Korean American psyche.

Park’s gas station was the site of a fatal shooting incident in 2010 involving 26-year-old Marcus Phillips, who was shot by a Korean employee after attempting to run off with the store’s cash register. Park also employs two African Americans.

Deja vu? 15 year old Latasha Harlins was shot by Soon Ja Du in 1991. The Los Angeles Riot happened in 1992 after the Rodney King beating verdict. Could we see a repeat of 1992? Hope not.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Latasha_Harlins

See my thread on the coming race war.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

It all depends on whether the shooter was a White-Korean.

You know, I must admit that when I saw the thread title, I thought a whole neighborhood of people looking like Heinz Ward were going to riot.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Black-Koreans; Black-White; Black-Hispanic; Black-Muslim.........and then Black-Black when they run everyone else off.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Black-Koreans; Black-White; Black-Hispanic; Black-Muslim.........and then Black-Black when they run everyone else off.
    I am seeing more Black-Black lately, like Black Americans vs Black Africans or Black Caribbeans.

The NAACP looks ridiculous here. They are defending a criminal running away with a cash register.

“Killed a man 4 stealing,” read one of the signs carried by protestors in front of Park’s store.
    The Nation of Islam guy is protesting because the Korean owner wouldn't let him use a debit card for a $5 transaction.

The dispute began when Jeffrey Muhammad, a leader in the local Nation of Islam chapter, requested that Park waive a $5 minimum for a debit card transaction. Park refused, at which point the two reportedly exchanged racial epithets.

Muhammad later launched a protest campaign called “Don’t Stop Don’t Shop” targeting Park. The protest has now entered its second month, drawing support from a local city council member, as well as members of the NAACP and the Nation of Islam. Organizers say they are determined to drive Park out of the neighborhood.

Quote Originally Posted by RedGrouse View Post
    I am seeing more Black-Black lately, like Black Americans vs Black Africans or Black Caribbeans.
    My sister spent many years in Kenya with her husband (white) who is a professor of African studies. The black Americans who were unfortunate enough to arrive in Africa were always disappointed at the non-reception they got. Black Africans feel no kinship at all with black Americans.

On the other hand I worked in Barbados for a while and black Bajans (what they call themselves) are totally different from black Americans. Well mannered, organized, and no chip on their shoulder. Jamaicans (I worked there, too), on the other hand, are just plumb dangerous, but that's mostly due to their prolific drug use.

The biggest problem in all this dynamic, as far as I can see, is black Americans.
    Last edited by Starbuck; 04-06-2012 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
    Judging by the statistics, black-black is more prevalent.