1. #1 Hopefully not a tumultuous Tuesday 
    After the tumultuous tumble in the market yesterday, hopefully today will be a day of picking up some bargains and a calm day.

Did yesterday cause total terror in your financial plans, or do you take a calmer approach---that just wait and things will be better, that old "Tomorrow" song from Annie.

Do you think it was an inevitable correction and that we've hit bottom, with no where to go but up or do you think there will be far darker days ahead?

Sorry for no weather theme, but I'm filling in for SR, who had to leave earlier for work.

Power CUer
    TOTD: I think the Federal Reserve MAY come through with a quarter-point reduction at their meeting today, but I also think the market wants a half-point, and they will stomp their feet and cry (read: another stock dip) if they don't get it.

I don't think we've hit bottom; I think that will take some time, yet. We've been cash-based this year; we have a lot of cash sitting in our account that our UBS guy won't invest until things shake out some more. I've seen a lot of cycles in the market and I expect to see more. I'm not happy today, but I'm not scared either.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

We are still having picture perfect weather here but it makes for tedious fashion decisions. I'm freezing in the morning and peeling off layers by noon.

TOTD: Our investments are pretty diversified across the board. Basically, our exposure isn't critical right now due to some decisions we made a few years ago.

I think the markets will stay jittery for a while as they respond to the Monday Morning quarterback types who will shuffle things around. However, this isn't a depression no matter how much the newsies hope for it. I'm no analyst but I'd advise most people to sit back and resist the urge to make major changes right this minute.

Mid 50's this a.m. but it will warm up later. This September is really cool for Louisiana.

My little dab of investments is out of my hands but my Mom spends lots of time chasing down interest rates and moving her jumbo C.D.s. She used to lock them in for long periods but now it's a gamble.
    we also have a good bit of land and lately it's been leasing.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Warm and pleasant in sunny Phoenix today. I tried going the night without A/C but it's still just a little too toasty to feel comfortable. But I suspect I won't need it much longer. Yippee!

TOTD: I don't think we're doomed. I have a good outlook for the future.

The waves are finally here! Not huge, but something!:)

TOTD: As Iíve stated previously in this forum - the housing market was the only engine driving the economy, of any real consequence, during the entire "W" reign. Everyone knew it and the commodities connected with the housing industries reflected that fact. All of the other big ticket item manufacturers - from $10,000 ovens to SUVís got to suckle from that big tit. Now its run dry and Mom canít give any more milk and the Mexicans are slowly going home - to starve there, among their own. Deregulation led to the common practice of unverified incomes on loan documents and zero downs.

This is the wonderful gentlemen you can lay the biggest part of the shit sandwich in front of:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Rain, rain, go away. :( Don't know what the temperature is outside, but it's been raining since early this morning. Didn't stop a few of the neighbors cutting their grass and weed-wacking, however. I think some people are ruled more by routine than by common sense.

Which brings me to the TOTD. I'm hoping things will get better, but in order for them to do so, we need to change our habits from the individual level on up to the international. I suppose voting your party every time is easier than taking an actual stand on the issues, but I can't help but wonder what the 'line in the sand' will be to shake us out of our apathy.
    Nothing helps a bad mood like spreading it around.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's still hot here.:p The good news is that my power bill went down a whole ten dollars! Woohoo!

TOTD: Should I have financial plans yet?:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's still hot here.:p The good news is that my power bill went down a whole ten dollars! Woohoo!

Is that ten dollars burning a hole in your pocket? :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post

Invest in Bank of America. You can thank me later.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.