Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy 
    NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy

12:28 PM PDT 3/30/2012 by Paul Bond

Critics say the "Today" show attempted to incite racial anger when it cut crucial seconds from audio of a phone call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed the teenager.

NBC News is being excoriated in some circles – with competitor Fox News Channel leading the charge – for selectively editing audio of the 911 call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed Trayvon Martin.

The NBC segment in question featured anchor Ron Allen and ran on the Todayshow on Tuesday. On Thursday, Sean Hannity and guest Brent Bozell played the NBC version of the 911 call and compared it with the unedited version.
    In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”

The full version, though, unfolds like this:

Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.”
    911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?”
    Zimmerman: “He looks black.”
    After playing both versions, Hannity said: “They forgot the dispatcher’s question! How could NBC, in good conscience, do that?”

“This isn’t bias, this isn’t distortion, this is an all-out falsehood by NBC News,” answers Bozell, who runs a conservative watchdog group called the Media Research Center.

“When you hear him say, ‘he looks black,’ anyone watching that believes that there are racial overtones to what this man did,” Bozell says. “How could you not believe that? It goes with the narrative of the profiling. The only problem is, they edited out the dispatcher asking him, ‘what does he look like?’”

NBC News declined to comment.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...11-call-306359

__________________________________________________ _________
    Given that NBC employs Al Sharpton, this should come as no surprise, but it is still reprehensible. Selectively editing the tape to make Zimmerman appear to be a bigot constitutes libel and defamation.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Why is this so unsurprising to me?
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    NBC News Accused of Editing 911 Call in Trayvon Martin Controversy

12:28 PM PDT 3/30/2012 by Paul Bond
    Critics say the "Today" show attempted to incite racial anger when it cut crucial seconds from audio of a phone call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed the teenager.
    NBC News is being excoriated in some circles – with competitor Fox News Channel leading the charge – for selectively editing audio of the 911 call placed by George Zimmerman just before he killed Trayvon Martin.

The NBC segment in question featured anchor Ron Allen and ran on the Todayshow on Tuesday. On Thursday, Sean Hannity and guest Brent Bozell played the NBC version of the 911 call and compared it with the unedited version.
    In the NBC segment, Zimmerman says: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good. He looks black.”
    The full version, though, unfolds like this:
    Zimmerman: “This guy looks like he’s up to no good, or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about.”
    911 operator: “Okay. And this guy, is he white black or Hispanic?”
    Zimmerman: “He looks black.”
    After playing both versions, Hannity said: “They forgot the dispatcher’s question! How could NBC, in good conscience, do that?”

“This isn’t bias, this isn’t distortion, this is an all-out falsehood by NBC News,” answers Bozell, who runs a conservative watchdog group called the Media Research Center.

“When you hear him say, ‘he looks black,’ anyone watching that believes that there are racial overtones to what this man did,” Bozell says. “How could you not believe that? It goes with the narrative of the profiling. The only problem is, they edited out the dispatcher asking him, ‘what does he look like?’”
    NBC News declined to comment.
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...11-call-306359
    __________________________________________________ _________
    Given that NBC employs Al Sharpton, this should come as no surprise, but it is still reprehensible. Selectively editing the tape to make Zimmerman appear to be a bigot constitutes libel and defamation.
    I hope that Zimmerman sues them into exstinktion (intentional spelling NAZIs). That is IF and only IF he is innocent. I say innocent because I don't believe he is not guilty if he committed no crime.

The Zimmerman family is beginning to garner more sympathy in my mind now than the Martin family. Sad and tragic as the death of Travon is, the actions or inactions of the Martin family since the shooting is shifting my feelings. I don't hold the family responsible for the prime time race baiters, but I do fault them for not telling JackASSon and Weird Al to STHU and go away.

The Conservative media such as it is needs to put on a full court press against this obvious journalistic malpractice.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Heh, heh...Freedom of the press is a two edged sword sometimes...

Yellow journalism.

Libel
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be.

Freedom of the press, or freedom to lie?

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkgirl View Post
    Freedom of the press, or freedom to lie?
    To the Journ-o-list crowd, there's no difference. They're after a "higher" truth, which is their narrative, and if the facts don't fit, then they will change the facts.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Wow, that's bad. Did they not think that everyone else would have a full copy and transcript of the 911 call and they would get called on it ?

I had heard about this. Troublesome.

Well, we just treat NBC News like they're the E Network. Not that it will make them think they are any less journalistic or honorable.
    Be Not Afraid.