Thread: Lottery Marxism

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Lottery Marxism 
    Earth_First

Could someone explain why this wouldn't work?
    Instead of one or small group of individuals winning this obscene $540 million dollar Mega Millions lottery; why couldn't 540 set of numbers be drawn and add 540 new millionaires to the economy?

Ot nationalize a lottery with similar results?
    Can they at least WIN "life's lottery" before your jealously takes over?

lastlib
    8. No--I'm saying that the probability of winning it is so infinitesimal

that it instills false hope in people, many of whom cannot realistically afford to throw money away by playing it.

Lotteries are also inherently undemocratic. They allow one person (or a small number of people) to become instant millionaires by sheer chance, without doing anything to earn that wealth by skill or merit. They take money from many (mostly poor or lower- to middle-income) to enrich a few for no other reason than luck of the draw. This goes against everything that a liberal democracy should stand for.
    Funny...all the years I've spent a couple dollars twice a week on the lottery...I've never left holding a pick 6 ticked feeling instilled with hope.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002490461
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

They just love telling anyone with more money than themselves what to do with it. Even imaginary money.

I'm buying a ticket tonight. You can't win if you don't play. But I'm only buying one ticket, because either I will win or I won't.

Yeah, it would be nice to win $500+ million bucks. I'm not going to be devastated if I don't.

The Lotto jackpot over here stands at 17 million Euro....thinking about getting a ticket myself.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I wonder how many of the DUmmies would donate the $$$ to their Lord Obama if they were to win???
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I wonder how many of the DUmmies would donate the $$$ to their Lord Obama if they were to win???
    Ummm...I'll take "what is Zero" for $500 million Alex

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I imagine they will send as much money as King Soros and Warren Buffoon pay in taxes.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Here's where those idiots don't get it. If you choose the annuity, then you get the full amount less taxes. If you choose the cash option, you get about 55-60% before taxes meaning if they chose 540 winners at $1 million each, those people would end up with about $400K after taxes. It would take these nitwits 15 minutes to blow through that.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Here's where those idiots don't get it. If you choose the annuity, then you get the full amount less taxes. If you choose the cash option, you get about 55-60% before taxes meaning if they chose 540 winners at $1 million each, those people would end up with about $400K after taxes. It would take these nitwits 15 minutes to blow through that.

Current Est. Annuitized Jackpot for 03/30/2012:
    $640 MILLION
    Est. Cash Value:
    $462.0 MILLION

That's in Texas with no state income tax. states with income tax will take about another 20 million give +/- .

The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The Lotto jackpot over here stands at 17 million Euro....thinking about getting a ticket myself.

I hope you win-I would love the irony of an american serviceman winning the euroweenie lottery!