Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Occupy the Military Industrial Complex 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Good Lord, what a bunch of retards...

On April 17, thousands of people all over the world will occupy the military industrial complex as part of the Global Day of Action on Military Spending.

I'm sure this will get the coverage it deserves...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Banned
    I think they should storm the gates to military bases around the country. Thin out the gene pool a little bit.

You know that the MIC was a term coined by a Conservative Republican who managed the entire operation and saw how it worked first hand.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

You know that the MIC was a term coined by a Conservative Republican who managed the entire operation and saw how it worked first hand.
    True, but that was fifty years ago. Eisenhower could never have foreseen the rise of the politico-media complex, which, overall, has been FAR worse for this country.

I have a meeting at the Pentagon that day. This should be fun.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    True, but that was fifty years ago. Eisenhower could never have foreseen the rise of the politico-media complex, which, overall, has been FAR worse for this country.
    I agree that the media circus is part of the problem. but guess what the poltico media complex is in bed with and tries to obfuscate?
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    I have a meeting at the Pentagon that day. This should be fun.
    I hope they try and send out vibes to get the Pentagon to try and float like they tried to do in the late 60's..

Maybe they'll get it right this time...
    Yes..this camera is heavy.
    No...you can't be on TV.
    Look kid, go bother the reporter...I'm busy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by newshutr View Post
    I hope they try and send out vibes to get the Pentagon to try and float like they tried to do in the late 60's..

Maybe they'll get it right this time...
    Somewhere in my wicca books, there is a chapter about that attempt. I forgot which book, but I know I read about it in one of them. It was probably one of Starhawk's books, she was a 60s hippie radical.

IKE had it exactly right. We went from combat to commerce and nobody skipped a beat, except those of us who actually served in the Wars this country fought.

I would support bringing back the military draft...provided it only applies to the children and grandchildren of Senators and Congressmen. How quick do you think we'd end all wars if that were the case?
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Quote Originally Posted by marinejcksn View Post
    IKE had it exactly right. We went from combat to commerce and nobody skipped a beat, except those of us who actually served in the Wars this country fought.

I would support bringing back the military draft...provided it only applies to the children and grandchildren of Senators and Congressmen. How quick do you think we'd end all wars if that were the case?
    Ike was concerned that the military/commercial interests would end up dictating policy and result in the erosion of civilian leadership. The opposite has happened. The welfare state has become the dominant priority of the civilian leadership, and defense is way down on the list of priorities for those politicians who want to maintain the goodies. The danger is not that the armed forces will look for wars to justify our budgets, but that the civilian leaders see us as an alien entity that can be deployed at will, with minimal political cost. Rather than drafting the children of politicians (do you really want to have to lead Al Gore Jr or the Kennedy spawn into combat?), I'd prefer to see military service become a requirement for elected office at the federal level, with a CCC-style commitment for those who are medically unfit for military service. Don't want to serve? No problem. But if you don't serve, you don't get to run the country.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!