Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 82
  1. #71  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    There is also the choice to not support either of them.

    I can't stomach the idea of voting for Obama or Romney so neither of them will get my vote or support. I will not be coerced into supporting something I disagree with because of fear. If the power structure wants to force a false choice upon me, well they have the power to do that, but I will not dignify or validate their empty gesture.
    Good for you, I hope all progressives get stoned and don't vote!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  2. #72  
    Senior Member txradioguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    8,206
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Good for you, I hope all progressives get stoned and don't vote!
    Libs like Wee Wee need to vote the first Wednesday of November.

    The rest of us can vote the first Tuesday.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

    Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

    To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

    The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.
     

  3. #73  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    If Obama is a socialists, why are socialists constantly criticizing him and not voting for him?

    Spoiler alert:


    He's nothing of a socialist, not even close,.
    Wanna bet? The CPUSA endorsed him, and even ran an article against being overly critical of him:

    ...The CPUSA has pushed the vote for Democratic candidates, not because we have the illusion that they will bring us socialism, nor because we have actually given up on socialism, but because socialism is not an immediately achievable goal and voting for the Democrats is likely to produce a better situation from which to push the struggle forward, eventually putting socialism on the agenda.
    http://www.cpusa.org/convention-disc...icizing-obama/
    And, of course, they endorsed his reelection. Obama paves the way to socialism, according to those who think that this is a good idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    There is also the choice to not support either of them.

    I can't stomach the idea of voting for Obama or Romney so neither of them will get my vote or support. I will not be coerced into supporting something I disagree with because of fear. If the power structure wants to force a false choice upon me, well they have the power to do that, but I will not dignify or validate their empty gesture.
    Good. Stay home and avoid voting.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
     

  4. #74  
    Senior Member Janice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    There is also the choice to not support either of them.

    I can't stomach the idea of voting for Obama or Romney so neither of them will get my vote or support.
    Wei Wu Wei and mike128 are now officially on the same page?

    Who knew?
    http://i1220.photobucket.com/albums/dd445/JansGraphix/ConsUndergrd-Sig2.jpg
    Liberalism is just communism sold by the drink.
     

  5. #75  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Wei Wu Wei and mike128 are now officially on the same page?

    Who knew?
    Pretty much everybody.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
     

  6. #76  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Good for you, I hope all progressives get stoned and don't vote!
    Really? Then why do I keep hearing on this board that not voting is a vote for Obama.
     

  7. #77  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,889
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Really? Then why do I keep hearing on this board that not voting is a vote for Obama.
    He is a liberal and wouldn't be voting for a Republican.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  8. #78  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,889
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice View Post
    Wei Wu Wei and mike128 are now officially on the same page?

    Who knew?
    And m00 is looking for the book.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  9. #79  
    Ancient Fire Breather Retread's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    I came to Texas as soon as I could
    Posts
    5,888
    Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    Really? Then why do I keep hearing on this board that not voting is a vote for Obama.
    Because you have selective hearing…..
    It's not how old you are, it's how you got here.
    It's been a long road and not all of it was paved.
    A man is but a product of his thoughts. What he thinks, he becomes. Gandhi
    Quote Originally Posted by Carol
    When I judge someone's integrity one key thing I look at is - How does s/he treat people s/he doesn't agree with or does not like?
    I can respect someone who I do not agree with, but I have NO respect for someone who puts others down in a public forum. That is the hallmark of someone who has no integrity, and cannot be trusted.
     

  10. #80  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,838
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    He is a liberal and wouldn't be voting for a Republican.
    The premise only holds up if one believes a given political party is "owed" a person's vote. As in, someone is a conservative so Republicans are owed his vote... so voting 3rd party is a vote for Democrats. But if someone is a liberal than Democrats are owed his vote, so if he votes for exactly the same 3rd party as the conservative in the previous sentence, this time it's a vote for Republicans.

    I find this whole concept to be offensive, because it's an entitlement argument. The given party is entitled to your vote. Entitlement of any sort just happens to really offend me on some basic level.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •