Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Picking Right Blood Pressure Medicine Challenging 
    It's hard to predict which pills will best lower which patient's high blood pressure, but researchers are hunting ways to better personalize therapy - perhaps even using a blood test.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/health/2010/0...#ixzz1r0A9aCqb
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Perhaps I can further torment my doc by asking for a renin test. I've had every combo imaginable and it's still not getting the desired results. He's the type who wants to be in control, doesn't welcome inquiries from the patient. He finally agreed to change my bp drugs, cutting down the # of meds and increasing the dosage on one of the remaining ones. I'm down from4 to 3 meds.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Perhaps I can further torment my doc by asking for a renin test. I've had every combo imaginable and it's still not getting the desired results. He's the type who wants to be in control, doesn't welcome inquiries from the patient. He finally agreed to change my bp drugs, cutting down the # of meds and increasing the dosage on one of the remaining ones. I'm down from4 to 3 meds.
    I always check if a side effect is possible kidney damage, to me no medicine is worth possible dialysis later in life.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I always check if a side effect is possible kidney damage, to me no medicine is worth possible dialysis later in life.
    The majority of medicines list either/or kidney or liver problems as a possible side effect. Heart medications list cardiac arrest as a possible side effect, Antidepressants list suicidal tendancies as a possible side effect.

Like my dad used to ponder 'Sometimes I wonder if these damn pills are keeping me alive longer or killing me quicker".
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    The majority of medicines list either/or kidney or liver problems as a possible side effect. Heart medications list cardiac arrest as a possible side effect, Antidepressants list suicidal tendancies as a possible side effect.

Like my dad used to ponder 'Sometimes I wonder if these damn pills are keeping me alive longer or killing me quicker".
    I watched my wife's dad die an awfully painful death when his kidneys failed, the doctors attributed it to the heart medication and blood pressure medication they gave him.

I watched my wife's dad die an awfully painful death when his kidneys failed, the doctors attributed it to the heart medication and blood pressure medication they gave him.
    Not to make light of FIL death from what I've heard a heart attack is no walk in the park.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Not to make light of FIL death from what I've heard a heart attack is no walk in the park.
    True, it can be a real toss up, and then to complicate things, high blood pressure is a cause of kidney disease.

When I worked in the machine shop my blood pressure was high and I took medication for it, when I went into business myself working outdoors it went down to normal and sometimes in the morning borderline, so I don't take it anymore.

Power CUer
    I've reduced my blood pressure greatly through that old tired combo, diet and exercise. I'm down from 4 to 3 meds; my doctor believes in low dosages of several things rather than bigger doese of one or two.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

True, it can be a real toss up, and then to complicate things, high blood pressure is a cause of kidney disease.
    My Blood pressure went up when i first found out i had cancer and started treatment,then it dropped and leveled off after about a month. I discussed discontinuing the meds with my Dr. who of course expressed concern. I asked the Dr. "I Have Cancer , Knowing I have cancer both would be a reason my BP rose correct ?'. He agreed. I further asked the Dr. 'I've Started Radiation treatment, have under gone two treatments so far, Now as I understand it ea radiation treatment is roughly equivalent to 1000 x-rays correct ?" The Dr. agreed. "Now That has to be a shock to the system correct elevating my BP correct ?" Again The Dr. agreed. "Now If I am not mistaken the longer a person is on BP meds the the greater the odds are they will not be able to get off their meds and maintain a healthy BP level correct ?" again agreement. The Dr. agreed to let me discontinue the BP meds and gave me a handy little piece of battery operated digital electronics to take my BP 2x a day.

Folks don't be afraid to question your Dr. It's your healthcare not theirs or Obamas.