Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Tried To Stall GIs' Iraq Withdrawal 

LONG VIEW: Barack Obama tours Iraq with Gen. David Petraeus in July, when he sought to stall any agreement for US troop withdrawal until President Bush left office.

WHILE campaigning in public for a speedy withdrawal of US troops from Iraq, Sen. Barack Obama has tried in private to persuade Iraqi leaders to delay an agreement on a draw-down of the American military presence.

According to Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari, Obama made his demand for delay a key theme of his discussions with Iraqi leaders in Baghdad in July.

"He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington," Zebari said in an interview.

Obama insisted that Congress should be involved in negotiations on the status of US troops - and that it was in the interests of both sides not to have an agreement negotiated by the Bush administration in its "state of weakness and political confusion."

[URL="http://www.nypost.com/seven/09152008/gossip/pagesix/9_11_cowardice__simple_as_abc_129092.htm"]Read the rest here.[/URL

It's bad enough that Democrats try to undermine us at home, but sabotaging our negotiations with Iraq and playing with the lives of the troops for partisan gain is beyond shameful.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Hear the sound of crickets chirping from the rest of the MSM?

Why Is Media Ignoring Accusations Obama Interfered With Iraq Withdrawal Negotiations?

While the media use all their resources to hunt fake scandals on Sarah Palin, there are some serious developments that America needs to know about. The accusation from the Iraqi Foreign Ministry is that Barack Obama attempted to undermine troop withdrawal negotiations when he made his publicity trip to Iraq. For some reason, we have heard very little reporting on this from the media, even after Obama practically admitted to this.

In the New York Post, conservative Iranian-born columnist Amir Taheri quoted Iraqi Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari as saying the Democrat made the demand when he visited Baghdad in July, while publicly demanding an early withdrawal.

“He asked why we were not prepared to delay an agreement until after the US elections and the formation of a new administration in Washington,” Zebari said in an interview, according to Taheri.

“However, as an Iraqi, I prefer to have a security agreement that regulates the activities of foreign troops, rather than keeping the matter open,” Zebari reportedly said. …
    Obama’s national security spokeswoman Wendy Morigi said Taheri’s article bore “as much resemblance to the truth as a McCain campaign commercial.”

In fact, Obama had told the Iraqis that they should not rush through a “Strategic Framework Agreement” governing the future of US forces until after President George W. Bush leaves office, she said.
    In other words, since his opposition to the surge was wrong and we are now seeing success he wanted to sweep all opportunities for bringing the troops home away until he, if he were to become president, would get the credit. Shameless!
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of Reason View Post
    Hear the sound of crickets chirping from the rest of the MSM?
    This is not surprising where Obama is concerned.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    This is not surprising where Obama is concerned.
    It's not like the MSM didn't feel the same way about the war. Obama really is their candidate.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Banned
    Obama is a piece of shit but this does not surprise me. Jimmy Carter and Bill Clinton had a low opinion of the military and slashed the hell out of spending. Obama if elected will continue that Democratic policy of endangering our security and using those saving to spend on social programs. Obama should be called on the carpet by Bush for his interference; I doubt that dumb ass Bush will do it though.

Obama is not fit to be Prez of the US. I did not even mentioned qualified.

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    It's not like the MSM didn't feel the same way about the war. Obama really is their candidate.
    Anything to get the chosen candidate elected so bad press is kept to a minimum. I can actually remember when news shows were fairly unbiased in the dealing with political figures.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Anything to get the chosen candidate elected so bad press is kept to a minimum. I can actually remember when news shows were fairly unbiased in the dealing with political figures.
    Really? Must not have been in my lifetime. I remember Walter Chronkite telling everyone that Tet was a huge communist victory. I was about 5 years old at the time, and I've since learned that it was utter BS.
    --Odysseus

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Really? Must not have been in my lifetime. I remember Walter Chronkite telling everyone that Tet was a huge communist victory. I was about 5 years old at the time, and I've since learned that it was utter BS.
    I was excluding Cronkite.

C. S. Lewis

I was excluding Cronkite.
    How about Dan Rather's report from Dallas after Kennedy was assassinated, where he claimed that kids who were cheering because they'd been let out of school but didn't know he was dead were actually cheering the news of his death?
    --Odysseus