Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 The Forgotten Man in the Sandra Fluke Case 
    I had an epiphany today while listening to Rush Limbaugh and thinking about the trouble that he'd gotten into over the Sandra Fluke debacle. If we accept Ms. Fluke's claims at face value, that she has spent over $3,000 over three years on birth control, and that she is not promiscuous, then there are certain implications of this that need to be addressed. First, the economics: As I wrote elsewhere, law school takes three years, so we're looking at about $1,000 per year for birth control. Wal-Mart advertises Trojan Ultra Thin Lubricated Condoms, 36 ct for $11.33, or roughly 31 cents apiece. Her $3,000 figure would buy 3,228 condoms per year over three years, or 8.8 condoms per day. If we round down to eight condoms per day, that's still eight heterosexual acts of intercourse per day, every day, for three years. Now, this may also include other acts for which a barrier is necessary, but it's still eight sexual experiences per day, with a man (two women wouldn't need a condom).

If we also accept Fluke's denial of promiscuity, then she is clearly in a committed relationship with one man, and if the numbers above are accurate, then what a man he is.

Think about the man who can achieve eight sexual encounters per day, with the same woman, for three years running. This man is passionate about Ms. Fluke, extremely dedicated to her, and has the kind of stamina usually associated with being born on a planet that orbits a red sun (Krypton, for example). This forgotten man should be honored for his prodigious strengths, for never failing to rise to the occasion, for epitomizing the values for which we have previously memorialized our greatest men (and whose resemblance to the Washington Monument is clearly more than metaphorical).

I call upon this man, this giant, to come forward (he's clearly capable of doing so repeatedly) and share his secrets with the rest of us. He owes it to us to raise us up to his standard. If he does not come forward of his own volition (or, if after three years of eight daily romps, he simply cannot come forward once more), then Ms. Fluke should provide us with his name and the details of his physical regimen and diet. I, for one, would be willing to cover the costs of any woman's birth control in return for that secret, as I think any of us would.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Good one as usual Ody.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Good one as usual Ody.
    Thanks. I'm simply trying to rise to the occasion.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Thanks. I'm simply trying to rise to the occasion.
    You're going to make me post another pic of Ron Simmons aren't you.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    You're going to make me post another pic of Ron Simmons aren't you.
    You mean the WWE Ron Simmons?

Last edited by jediab; 04-05-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    You mean the WWE Ron Simmons?

That be him and his famous catch phrase.

You guys realize that oral contraceptive (aka "the pill") is used to treat a wide range of hormonal issues and generally used to regulate hormones, right? Did she say specifically she was spending $3000 on condoms?
    Last edited by m00; 04-06-2012 at 12:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by m00 View Post
    You guys realize that oral birth control (aka "the pill") is used to treat hormonal imbalance and generally regulate hormones, right?
    Since the Fluke flack it has been posted probably ten times at the least.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

If we also accept Fluke's denial of promiscuity, then she is clearly in a committed relationship with one man, and if the numbers above are accurate, then what a man he is.

Think about the man who can achieve eight sexual encounters per day, with the same woman, for three years running. .
    I just have one question....Is he by any chance single?

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Since the Fluke flack it has been posted probably ten times at the least.
    Ah, my mistake. I've been all about the Trayvon threads lately.