Hybrid View

1. #1 DU Shrugs At Honor Killing Cali...fails to see the similar rush to justice in Sanford 
    Thu Apr 5, 2012, 07:19 PM
    cali

Iraqi Hate Crime Murder Probe Raises Questions About Daughter, Husband

Source: ABC

By COLLEEN CURRY
    April 5, 2012

Police investigating the murder of an Iraqi mother in southern California, initially thought to be a hate crime, have filed papers with a court that suggest the mother had a difficult relationship with her daughter and her husband.

The beating death last month of Shaima Alawadi, 32, of El Cajon, shook the Iraqi-American community when her family reported that a note was found next to Alawadi's body, reportedly saying "go back to your own country, you terrorist."

Alawadi's 17-year-old daughter, Fatima, told police that a similar note had been found a week prior to the murder, but the mother thought of it as a joke and threw it away. Court documents now show that the note was a copy of an original, and the earlier note has never been seen.

The family, including Fatima and Alawadi's husband, are now in Iraq, where they went for Alawadi's burial.

<snip>
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/101491219#top

Response to cali (Original post)Thu Apr 5, 2012, 07:24 PM
    Schema Thing (7,986 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    1. Like I couldn't see this coming from 2400 miles away.

Response to Ruby the Liberal (Reply #2)Thu Apr 5, 2012, 07:38 PM
    snagglepuss (7,897 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore
    5. I too have had my suspicions from the getgo. Had the murder happened in a

street or other public area then I'd have a lot less suspicion but I just don't buy that someone targets a private citizen in her home after lobbing a stone with a note thru a window. Given the number of people who automatically assumed it was a hate crime just shows that someone may have planned the almost perfect murder.
    Bronzy...goldy....

riderinthestorm
    7. Unfortunately too many people (DUers included) wanted this to be a religious hate crime

and were willing to overlook obvious signs that this anything but....

Here's another DU thread where the slaying is spawning stupid religious faux-outrage (and not enough critical thinking skills)....

Million hijabs shows solidarity for slain Muslim woman...http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002518823
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

If a crime doesn't help their agenda, then its like it never happened at all.

Nine month baby girl was killed in a drive-by in Miami the same time as young Mr.Martin was shot. Thugs shot up a house, baby was on the couch when a 7.62 x 39 mm round struck and killed her But it doesn't even show up as a blip on the Moonbat's warped radar.

Why?

Simple the shooter was black and the victim was black.

A child is slain, a family grieves, a mother wants justice and no one raises a voice for this poor little girl because it doesn't serve the cause.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Power CUer
    The agenda comes first. Then a case is found to further the agenda.