Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Tim Ryan D- OH Introduces H.R. 4189 
    H.R.4189 - To require the Secretary of Defense to provide an annual certification that all programming on the American Forces Radio and Television Service represents the best-faith efforts by the Department of Defense to provide programming for members of the Armed Forces and their families that communicates the policies, priorities, programs, goals, and initiatives of the Department while avoiding airing programming that exhibits values contrary to the values of the Armed Forces and the United States.

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/112-h4189/show

The flap over Limbaugh’s presence on AFN is now attracting congressional attention, with Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., the Senate Armed Services Committee chairman, saying he thinks Limbaugh doesn’t belong on the military radio network.

In addition, Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, has introduced legislation advocating decency standards for AFN radio and television broadcasts that would prevent the airing of programs that “exhibit values contrary to the values of the Armed Forces and the United States.”

Levin told reporters that he would not personally demand the Defense Department cancel Limbaugh’s radio show, but “I would love to see them drop it.”

Ryan’s bill, introduced Thursday, would require annual certification by the Defense Department that shows broadcast on the military’s radio and television networks support policies, goals and initiatives of the military without exhibiting negative values. Ryan said he was not proposing censorship, but wanted “common sense and decency” applied to programming decisions.

His bill, HR 4189, was referred to the House Armed Services Committee for consideration, where it could be offered as an amendment to the 2013 defense authorization bill that the committee will pass later this year.

http://www.armytimes.com/news/2012/0...twork-030912w/
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

They cant kick him off the air by boycotts or petitions etc so they now must use the Congress to rid themselves of him. lol what assholes

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Its nothing more then a political stunt. He knows it will never pass the House.

If the GOP in the house votes it down. He and his dims run out and proclaim the GOP doesn't care about "Values important to the Military."
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

My question is...if they manage to get Rush off...does that mean that NPR and Ed Schultz and Thom Hartmann get the axe too?

What about the entire line up of MSNBC?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Its nothing more then a political stunt. He knows it will never pass the House.

If the GOP in the house votes it down. He and his dims run out and proclaim the GOP doesn't care about "Values important to the Military."
    Exactly...it continues their stupid "GOP has a declared a war on women" meme and claim they support Rush more than they support the troops.

which pundits on the left does AFN broadcast?

TV:

Matthews (both shows)

Maddow

O'Donnell

Blitzer

David Gregory

Bob Scheffer

George Stephanapolis

MSNBC Live (Thomas Roberts)

Ed Schultz

Ellen Degeneres

Jon Stewart

Stephen Colbert

The View

Piers Morgan

60 Minutes

The Daily Run Down (Chuck Todd)

Tavis Smiley

Anderson Cooper

Radio:

NPR (Morning Edition and All Things Considered)

AP Radio News

Ed Schultz

Thom Hartmann

Mike Malloy

Bill Press

Stephanie Miller

Randi Rhodes

Alan Colmes

Joe Madison

Bev Smith

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    which pundits on the left does AFN broadcast?

TV:

Matthews (both shows)

Maddow

O'Donnell

Blitzer

David Gregory

Bob Scheffer

George Stephanapolis

MSNBC Live (Thomas Roberts)

Ed Schultz

Ellen Degeneres

Jon Stewart

Stephen Colbert

The View

Piers Morgan

60 Minutes

The Daily Run Down (Chuck Todd)

Tavis Smiley

Anderson Cooper

Radio:

NPR (Morning Edition and All Things Considered)

AP Radio News

Ed Schultz

Thom Hartmann

Mike Malloy

Bill Press

Stephanie Miller

Randi Rhodes

Alan Colmes

Joe Madison

Bev Smith

If they get rid of Rush, they have to get rid of Randi Rhodes-I've heard enough about her to know that she is just as obnoxious and tasteless as Rush is. I don't listen to or watch most of those listed, except Jon Stewart and sometimes Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    If they get rid of Rush, they have to get rid of Randi Rhodes-I've heard enough about her to know that she is just as obnoxious and tasteless as Rush is. I don't listen to or watch most of those listed, except Jon Stewart and sometimes Stephen Colbert.
    But you know as well as I do that they won't. Mike Malloy makes Rhodes look like a saint.

LOL! Rush tasteless?

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    The two NPR shows, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, are straight news. They have some commentary like on Friday with E.J. Dionne and David Brooks but it is presented as commentary, not news.

The others, like Shultz and Maddow, are factish infotainment like Rush. They just use a different schtick.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    The two NPR shows, Morning Edition and All Things Considered, are straight news.
    Thank you for showing us you have no cluse as to what "straight new" really is. I've listened to both. They are as left in their "reporting" of news as the rest of the majot netowrks.

If what the way they report is "straight" news to you...then you are farther to the left in your daily worldview than you realize or will admit to.

They have some commentary like on Friday with E.J. Dionne and David Brooks but it is presented as commentary, not news.
    Both shows are nothing but commentary.

But hey...what do I know about news and the media right?

The others, like Shultz and Maddow, are factish infotainment like Rush. They just use a different schtick.
    The preceeding talking point was approved for regurgitation by Media Matters for America.

Last edited by txradioguy; 04-10-2012 at 09:44 AM.