1. #1 Hugo Chavez hospitalized from complications of Cuban healthcare and cancer 
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    (FOX News Latino) — Brazilian media is reporting that ailing Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez will make an emergency trip to Brazil after allegedly suffering intestinal burns during his radiation treatment in Cuba.

Chávez, who in June of last year revealed that Cuban doctors had removed a cancerous tumor from his abdominal region, has been going back-and-forth from the island nation for treatment. The Associated Press reported earlier on Thursday that the Venezuelan leader had returned to his country on Wednesday night from radiation treatment in Cuba.

“So far, fortunately there hasn’t been any adverse reaction to the treatment,” Chavez said Wednesday, according to The Associated Press. “All the exams that have been carried out have shown positive results of physical recovery.”
    However, the Brazilian daily O Globo reported a rumor from Venezuelan journalist Nelson Bocaranda that Chávez could be headed to the hospital Sirio e Libanês in Sao Paulo.

“People close to Chavez fear that it is too late for a new treatment here in Brazil, which could have started long ago with the offer made by President (Ignacío Lula da Silva) and President Dilma (Rousseff),” O Globo reporter Merval Pereira wrote.

Chávez refused treatment in Brazil due to the Brazilian hospital not being able to provide the level of security and privacy he wanted, including blocking off hospital doors and searching all hospital visitors while Chávez was interred.
    Continue reading »

Obama rushing to his side along with Shehan.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Why cant this bag of puss just die already?

If he is a "Man of the people" why is he so worried about security?

I hope it is painful.

Quote Originally Posted by obx View Post
    I hope it is painful.
    And quick

There is what our elites like to refer to as a teachable moment here. Note these two paragraphs:

(FOX News Latino) — Brazilian media is reporting that ailing Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez will make an emergency trip to Brazil after allegedly suffering intestinal burns during his radiation treatment in Cuba.

>SNIP<

Chávez refused treatment in Brazil due to the Brazilian hospital not being able to provide the level of security and privacy he wanted, including blocking off hospital doors and searching all hospital visitors while Chávez was interred.
    One would think that a state-run hospital in Cuba would be careful with an allied head of state whose oil revenues are keeping the regime afloat, but apparently not. Burning a patient's intestines with radiation is malpractice, the kind of thing that gets you sued in countries where you pay for services like healthcare, but the Cuban government is indemnified against such things, just as ours will be if Obamacare is implemented. Now, he's going back to Brazil, no doubt to a private hospital. to fix what the marginally competent doctors in the workers' paradise did to him. Let's not miss the object lesson here, which is that you get what you pay for.

Anyone else still think that socialized medicine is a good idea?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    There is what our elites like to refer to as a teachable moment here. Note these two paragraphs:
    (FOX News Latino) —.
    One would think that a state-run hospital in Cuba would be careful with an allied head of state whose oil revenues are keeping the regime afloat, but apparently not. snip

Now, he's going back to Brazil, no doubt to a private hospital. to fix what the marginally competent doctors in the workers' paradise did to him. Let's not miss the object lesson here, which is that you get what you pay for.

No, we don't even have fully implemented Obamacare here and I've been getting more and more worried. The largest hospital here, with the best docs, is a government run hospital open to all. That's well and good, but they have it fixed insurance wise that if they're sued, the good city government has rules in place where there'a a maximum of $20k. It would cost that to get an attorney to sue, so there's no incentive.

I've always been against the trial lawyers, who just possibly might be ambulance chasing, but there was a case some months ago where the local hospital was blatantly negligent and caused great distress to a woman having a baby. The infant died. They let her in the ER without helping her for hours.

Perhaps in life there should be compromises between the unncessary lawsuits and the possible negligence of the docs. I can't even imagine getting any protection in government regulated hospitals.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Well since we still have the best healthcare in the world, he can come here.....

...but I suppose he's burned that bridge.Kharma.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post

I have no basis for comparison, what are you using?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    No, we don't even have fully implemented Obamacare here and I've been getting more and more worried. The largest hospital here, with the best docs, is a government run hospital open to all. That's well and good, but they have it fixed insurance wise that if they're sued, the good city government has rules in place where there'a a maximum of $20k. It would cost that to get an attorney to sue, so there's no incentive.

I've always been against the trial lawyers, who just possibly might be ambulance chasing, but there was a case some months ago where the local hospital was blatantly negligent and caused great distress to a woman having a baby. The infant died. They let her in the ER without helping her for hours.

Perhaps in life there should be compromises between the unncessary lawsuits and the possible negligence of the docs. I can't even imagine getting any protection in government regulated hospitals.
    Aren't all hospitals government regulated?

We more or less pay for all of these hospitals to exist and operate. Dick Cheney got his new heart at Inova Fairfax, a hospital in which my own life (and leg) was saved by a Georgetown doctor. Medicare paid for Dick Cheney's hospitalization, Mobile Oil paid for mine. The doctors and nurses undoubtedly had their educations subsidized by grants to their educational institutions, student loans, research facilities, borrowed tech from NIH, drugs developed in government programs and turned over to private corporations for "development" , not to mention institutional exemption from real estate taxes for a commercial center that generates millions in income and profits to its participant workers and owners.

The US taxpayer pays for most of the people who get worked on in DC area hospitals. Most hospitals in Florida bitch and moan but would close their doors without Medicare and Medicaid. The difference is that we're letting insurance companies and select individuals (like our own resident bipolar Governor) walk away with the skim.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    fixxored
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot