Thread: "To white women who supposedly dumped Obama because you wanted to make history by

1. #1 "To white women who supposedly dumped Obama because you wanted to make history by 
    voting for a woman"

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=7083855

EffieBlack
    Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Tue Sep-16-08 10:13 AM
    Original message

To white women who supposedly dumped Obama because you wanted to make history by voting for a woman:

Edited on Tue Sep-16-08 10:19 AM by EffieBlack
    I call you out. You're busted.

If you really wanted to make history by voting for a woman, you had many opportunities before now, but never exercised them.

You could have voted for Carol Moseley-Braun in 2004. Did you? Of course not. Why not?

Solid middle class roots
    Attorney
    Prosecutor
    Assistant U.S. Attorney
    Member, Illinois House of Representatives (Assistant Majority Leader)
    Sued her own party and won in a landmark case (you know, a "maverick")
    Cook County Recorder of Deeds
    U.S. Senator
    U.S. Ambassador to New Zealand
    and . . . she's a mother! In fact, she left her job as an Assistant U.S. Attorney to become a fulltime homemaker when her son was small.

No, you didn't vote for Carol Moseley-Braun. At all. Nor did you whine about "sexism" when she was marginalized and dismissed by the MSM in the most blatant terms. For example, I don't recall you uttering a peep when CNN reported:

"During her bid to become president, Moseley Braun had voters and political analysts asking 'Why?' 'Nobody knows exactly why she's running,' CNN political analyst William Schneider said in 2003. 'She is the only woman who's running. She could make herself a candidate who is outspoken on women's issues, but she's not. ... She's competing with (Democrat Al) Sharpton for the African-American vote and (U.S. Rep. Dennis) Kucinich for the left. She isn't raising much money. She may have nothing better to do.'" http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2004/special/president/cand...

But you said nothing. You did nothing to support her. You didn't jump up and down with joy over the fact that a "mom" was running. You didn't give her a dime and you didn't give her a vote. No - you voted for the white guys in the race.

So don't be surprised if I don't buy your sudden conversion into proud feminists who want nothing more than to see a woman break that glass ceiling that Hillary cracked for you. Your support for the McCain ticket has nothing to do with gender.

It's all about race and you know it. You didn't want to vote for the black guy.

And you weren't going to vote for the black guy, no matter what you'd been telling your friends, pollsters and the media. The only thing that's changed is that McCain gave you an excuse to publicly own up to the fact that you are going to vote Republican, many of you for the first time.

Funny, you think the rest of us are too stupid to also know it, but ladies, I see right through you. You're as transparent as the glass ceiling you've never seemed to notice before but think you have every right to crawl over the rest of us to scramble through. But there are more of us than there are of you and it's not going to work - especially since you slipped up and let us peep your hold card.

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D

Moseley Braun had the same chance as Kucinich and Biden this year. Zilch.

Nothing like a little racism in the morning, eh? Keep talking Effie. :D

No, you didn't vote for Carol Moseley-Braun. At all.
    Moseley Braun dropped out of the presidential race on January 15, 2004 - 4 days before the Iowa caucus. So nobody had a chance to vote for her for president.

You could have voted for Carol Moseley-Braun in 2004. Did you? Of course not. Why not?
    Illinois voters kicked Moseley Braun out of the US Senate after one term because she was scandal ridden (and that was before she ran for president). I wonder if it occurred to the DUmmy that maybe, just maybe, her reputation for corruption is the reason she was polling so poorly before the Iowa caucus.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilise View Post
    Moseley Braun dropped out of the presidential race on January 15, 2004 - 4 days before the Iowa caucus. So nobody had a chance to vote for her for president.

Illinois voters kicked Moseley Braun out of the US Senate after one term because she was scandal ridden (and that was before she ran for president). I wonder if it occurred to the DUmmy that maybe, just maybe, her reputation for corruption is the reason she was polling so poorly before the Iowa caucus.

Thanks, Ellise.

That post was so bogus. By the way, I have heard that Effie Black is really Frenchie Cat,

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Thanks, Ellise.

That post was so bogus. By the way, I have heard that Effie Black is really Frenchie Cat,
    If FrenchieCat and Effie are the same person, I wonder when she has time to do anything besides post at the DUmp. The two of them together have over 38,000 posts. And as you know, Frenchie has some LONG posts.