Thread: Tulsa police chief to suspected lone gunman: 'We're coming for you'

1. #1 Tulsa police chief to suspected lone gunman: 'We're coming for you' 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    updated 7:47 PM EDT, Sat April 7, 2012

(CNN) -- The police chief of Tulsa, Oklahoma, offered a stern, succinct message Saturday to the man he believes killed three people and critically wounded two others in a spate of seemingly random shootings: "We're coming for you."

Chief Chuck Jordan described the shootings at four separate sites -- all of which occurred early Friday within two to three miles of each other -- as "vicious and cowardly attacks."

A survivor described the suspect as a white man, driving an "older" white pickup truck, according to Jordan. Police Capt. Jonathan Brooks told CNN that such a truck had been spotted at at least three of the shooting sites, around that time.

Still, Jordan indicated authorities do not know the identity of the shooter. He added, too, that a basic description of a white man driving a white truck "alone probably accounts for 50,000 people in the city of Tulsa."

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

40 police cruisers are patrolling the area because this is a suspected white gunman shooting blacks, I'm sure the President has FBI on the way to help as well as the backing of the full justice dept.
    Every other day in north Tulsa there is a black shooting someone and it barely gets mention in the news.
    What's next, the National Guard?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

It was just announced on local news that the FBI had joined in this investigation.
    It was also mentioned by the police dept spokesman that there was no evidence this was a hate crime but they were treating it as a possibility.
    TULSA - Tulsa Police Chief Chuck Jordan announced Saturday the creation of a task force to help nab a man suspected of fatally shooting three people and injuring two others Friday.

During a news conference, Chief Jordan urged the public to call authorities if they have any information about the shootings.

Dannaer Fields, 49, Bobby Clark, 54, and William Allen, 31, were shot and killed within a three mile radius in north Tulsa early Friday morning, police said. Two men also shot are in a Tulsa hospital recovering.

Jordan told reporters they are still sifting through the evidence and have not determined whether or not if the suspect targeted African Americans.

“There's a very logical theory that would say that's what it could be, but I'm a police officer,” Jordan said. “I've got to go by evidence. I'm not going to make a statement at this time that, that's what it is when we have had no evidence. There have been no racial slurs thrown. We haven't arrested anyone yet that may have literature. It's just not time for us to say that. Right now, I'm worried about three of my citizens being murdered."

Investigators say they are in the process of doing ballistic and forensic tests. The FBI has also been called in to see if any federal hate crime laws have been violated.

The surviving shooting victims told police the suspect was a white man driving a white pickup truck.

Read more: http://www.kjrh.com/dpp/news/local_n...#ixzz1rPbY1eW9
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 04-07-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Councilman, NAACP address North Tulsa shootings
    With many people in North Tulsa upset and frightened about five shootings in a span seven hours. The NAACP is calling for action to be taken.

Tulsa police say three people in died in the shooting.

"I don't want a race riot. I just want this person caught," said Councilman Jack Henderson.

He and members of the NAACP called a late meeting to let the community know they are seeking justice.

"We're very concerned about targeting black people to shoot," said Dr. Warren Blakney, President of the NAACP Tulsa Branch.

They also want the gunman prosecuted for a hate crime.

"Every person, child was African American, said Blakney. “We feel he's targeting African Americans in this part of town."

Venecia Williams is a mother and grandmother and is also fearful and anxious because she doesn't know what could happen next.

"That many shootings in one night,” said Williams. “It's quite a concern."

It was the same concern for the leaders.

"It could very well be sometime tonight or tomorrow that he could kill some more folks," Blakney told FOX23.

Tulsa police told Henderson and the NAACP that officers are working around the clock to arrest the suspect.

Henderson and Blakney encouraged residents to stay calm and stay away from anyone they don't know.

Ray Owens, a pastor of Metropolitan Baptist Church will be speaking with his congregation about the shootings Sunday.

"I actually got a call from a friend who's with the police department who said listen, “I think it's important community leaders use their spree of influence to warn citizens,” said Owens.

He wants his congregation to be aware and alert of what’s going on.

"I don't want to over exaggerate the potential racial implications but I don't want to ignore that either," Owens FOX23.
    http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...YwRtibhoA.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Councilman, NAACP address North Tulsa shootings
    With many people in North Tulsa upset and frightened about five shootings in a span seven hours. The NAACP is calling for action to be taken.

Tulsa police say three people in died in the shooting.

"I don't want a race riot. I just want this person caught," said Councilman Jack Henderson.

He and members of the NAACP called a late meeting to let the community know they are seeking justice.

"We're very concerned about targeting black people to shoot," said Dr. Warren Blakney, President of the NAACP Tulsa Branch.

They also want the gunman prosecuted for a hate crime.

"Every person, child was African American, said Blakney. “We feel he's targeting African Americans in this part of town."

Venecia Williams is a mother and grandmother and is also fearful and anxious because she doesn't know what could happen next.

"That many shootings in one night,” said Williams. “It's quite a concern."

It was the same concern for the leaders.

"It could very well be sometime tonight or tomorrow that he could kill some more folks," Blakney told FOX23.

Tulsa police told Henderson and the NAACP that officers are working around the clock to arrest the suspect.

Henderson and Blakney encouraged residents to stay calm and stay away from anyone they don't know.

Ray Owens, a pastor of Metropolitan Baptist Church will be speaking with his congregation about the shootings Sunday.

"I actually got a call from a friend who's with the police department who said listen, “I think it's important community leaders use their spree of influence to warn citizens,” said Owens.

He wants his congregation to be aware and alert of what’s going on.

"I don't want to over exaggerate the potential racial implications but I don't want to ignore that either," Owens FOX23.
    http://www.fox23.com/news/local/stor...YwRtibhoA.cspx
    These are givens:
    white people hate black people, white man shooter, victims black, therefore hate crime.

6. #6 2 arrested in Tulsa shootings 
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    From Susan Candiotti, CNN
    updated 6:46 AM EDT, Sun April 8, 2012

Tulsa, Oklahoma (CNN) -- Authorities in Oklahoma arrested two people early Sunday in connection with a deadly spate of random shootings in Tulsa that had residents on edge.

About 30 representatives from four law enforcement agencies -- the Tulsa police, Tulsa County Sheriff's Office, the U.S. Marshals Service and the FBI -- had been working round-the-clock looking for the person that authorities say killed three people and wounded two others in shooting attacks early Friday.

The police identified the arrested men as Jake England, 19, and Alvin Watts, 32. They were taken into custody from a home in Tulsa.

"We're not exactly sure what their relationship is to another; whether they are friends or extended family members," said Capt. Jonathan Brooks said.

LINK
    May the FORCE be with you!

You're better off not reading the comments.

You may not want a race riot, but unfortunately there are others who would be pleased if that happened.