Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 undergroundpanther: Do NOT attempt to think or depression may result. 
    Yeah that's so true...So many times people don't grok what I'm trying to say,and get defensive over what I write,and get nasty or try to hijack the threads. But I keep trying to say it regardless of the defensive trolling,here on DU.Why? Because I need to convey what it is I am learning via ruminations to someone,anyone in hopes they understand it,and even better USE it to solve a social delimma. I know when I write here,it gets to more people than those who reply to my posts or try to derail it..This concept of depression, makes sense.
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002534105

It's a looooooooong rambling. She really needs to be commited.
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    My God I can't read that drivel. I'm sure it boils down to her/his/its problems not being her/his/its fault. Could you imagine having to live with this nutcase??? Depressing...
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    My God I can't read that drivel. I'm sure it boils down to her/his/its problems not being her/his/its fault. Could you imagine having to live with this nutcase??? Depressing...
    I made it through almost a paragraph, I don't think you could go wrong giving it a full frontal lobotomy.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I made it through almost a paragraph, I don't think you could go wrong giving it a full frontal lobotomy.
    Maybe we should have Hai try to translate it. Their various synaptic misfirings could cancel each other out and produce something comprehensible.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Maybe we should have Hai try to translate it. Their various synaptic misfirings could cancel each other out and produce something comprehensible.
    the 100 monkeys, 100 typewriters theory....
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

I wonder if she uses the word "grok" for understanding because she is a fan of Stranger In A Strange Land, or if she was a member of the church based on that novel, The Church Of All Worlds (CAW). The CAW magazine (The Green Egg) may be gone, but the loons aren't.

You think DU is full of wild and crazy? The GE monthly forum was full of crazy ass letters, either to the editor or to someone whose letter was printed in the forum recently. The funniest was when Patricia Keneally (Jim Morrison's "witch" girlfriend) totally went off on somebody who claimed to have contacted the spirit of the Lizard King.

The internet killed magazines like that.

I think she is referring to bullying or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    Maybe. I think undergroundpanther should take it from somebody who's been there. The message boards are not worth it. If you feel bullied, pushed around, attacked on a regular basis and/or you're not having fun on the board, then it's not worth it.

As for the argument that this poster is helping readers, two things.......

1) You can help more people in real life by campaigning, charity, spending time with friends, social clubs, meetings, etc.

2) If you're always sounding depressed, "crazy," or whatever else to others on the board, then chances are, you're not getting through to a lot of people.

Undergroundpanther, you're better off either leaving the boards or severely cutting back on the time spent on them. Go out, have some beer, eat some cheesecake, make out with somebody, play with the dog, go to meetings of people you have something in common with, work on a hobby. Just sayin.

And yes, I'm talking to DUers on here. I know they're reading anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hai View Post
    On DU bullying consists of someone having a coherent thought and having their post hidden or getting banned for it.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    On DU bullying consists of someone having a coherent thought and having their post hidden or getting banned for it.
    It's just a message board. I want to share my independent thoughts on DU, but I can't. Therefore, I express my thoughts on other boards. There are more balanced boards and even liberal leaning boards that will allow the independent thoughts. To say that DU's mods are bullying people is to suggest that posters need DU. If mods are using membership to bully people, then I guess that is bullying. But it's only bullying if you allow it.

I'm thinking too seriously. My bad.