Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. #1 Tim Tebow tells Texas worshippers: 'It's OK to be outspoken about your faith' 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002534376#post42

A crowd of about 15,000 gathered on Sunday in a Texas megachurch to hear NFL player Tim Tebow speak at its outdoor Easter Sunday service.
    RagAss (11,619 posts)

4. I see this guy and I see evil, plain and simple.
    That is one of the milder hateful comments. DU shows just how vile they are in this thread.

Ian David (65,794 posts)

20. When Tim Tebow has his male prostitute crystal meth scandal, we are all gonna laugh and laugh. n/t
    He is soooo certain that it will happen.

It's really telling that the libs will attack ANYTHING that is good. There's probably a principle that can be derived there.

My hat is off to Tim Tebow for having the balls to speak out. So many out there are too scared or too comfortable to do so.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoic View Post
    It's really telling that the libs will attack ANYTHING that is good. There's probably a principle that can be derived there.

My hat is off to Tim Tebow for having the balls to speak out. So many out there are too scared or too comfortable to do so.
    How come no one ever gets his panties in a knot when you have something negative to say about Jehovah's Witnesses or Door to Door Mormons, but when the same attitude and opinion is applied to someone like Tebow it's a character flaw or shot across the bow of all Christians? Missionary Baptists are far from defining Christianity, they're just noisy.

Why do people on the left pray (as if) that Tebow is a fag? or a drug user or fornicator? Are their lives so bereft of good that they must hope this man has evil inside him?

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Why do people on the left pray (as if) that Tebow is a fag? or a drug user or fornicator? Are their lives so bereft of good that they must hope this man has evil inside him?
    I don't know about anyone "praying" that he's any of those things. He is suspected of being gay because a 'born again Christian' or whatever he chooses to call himself is a good cover for why he wouldn't behave like other football players, ie be fucking cheerleaders or caught with his pants down in a red light district. As a Freudian, I say that sometimes a dork is simply a dork.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I don't know about anyone "praying" that he's any of those things. He is suspected of being gay because a 'born again Christian' or whatever he chooses to call himself is a good cover for why he wouldn't behave like other football players, ie be fucking cheerleaders or caught with his pants down in a red light district. As a Freudian, I say that sometimes a dork is simply a dork.
    Or maybe they want so desperately to yell HYPOCRITE? Because he stands up for something most dispise?

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Because it's much easier to blow off standards of conduct and behavior if you believe that nobody follows them.

And, because the people who make these assumptions would never restrain their own impulses, so they cannot conceive of somebody else doing so voluntarily, therefore, he must be a fraud. If he isn't, if he genuinely means what he says and acts on it, then it means that, rather than being enlightened paragons of personal liberation, the accusers are simply uncontrolled adolescents who never learned to restrain themselves.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

How come no one ever gets his panties in a knot when you have something negative to say about Jehovah's Witnesses or Door to Door Mormons, but when the same attitude and opinion is applied to someone like Tebow it's a character flaw or shot across the bow of all Christians? Missionary Baptists are far from defining Christianity, they're just noisy.
    I think you do see but choose to ignore/overlook it,unless it has something to do with homosexuals.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.

9. #9 They are crazy 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002534376

RagAss

4. I see this guy and I see evil, plain and simple
    Well at least there is a bit of sanity in this thread.

Becka2515

53. Evil really?

Last edited Mon Apr 9, 2012, 07:15 AM USA/ET - Edit history (1)

Can you please point out ANYTHING this man has done that can even be remotely labeled EVIL? Ok he has helped sick children have some happiness in their life. (REALLY EVIL THERE) He is outspoken about his faith, NOT evil. I will give you a dollar for every EVIL act he has ever done. Please don't devalue the word Evil please.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't see how anyone could think Tebow is evil. He doesn't do drugs, he isn't a womanizer, and he's outspoken about his religious beliefs. He's not involved in politics of any kind, which should make his religion irrelevant to the more radical atheists among the DU posters.

Muhammed Ali is all those things, and I don't hear any DUers claiming he's evil. Maybe that's not a fair comparison, as Ali is old and from a different generation, but he is the athlete held up for my generation to view as a role model.
    Not only is Tebow not a womanizer, he's a virgin who has professed that he is saving sex for marriage.

Unlike many DUmmies who are celibate because they can't get laid in the first place. That loser Steve numbers comes to mind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender