Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Because it's much easier to blow off standards of conduct and behavior if you believe that nobody follows them.
    We have a winna!

Ding, ding, ding!

I don't see how anyone could think Tebow is evil. He doesn't do drugs, he isn't a womanizer, and he's outspoken about his religious beliefs. He's not involved in politics of any kind, which should make his religion irrelevant to the more radical atheists among the DU posters.

Muhammed Ali is all those things, and I don't hear any DUers claiming he's evil. Maybe that's not a fair comparison, as Ali is old and from a different generation, but he is the athlete held up for my generation to view as a role model.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't see how anyone could think Tebow is evil. He doesn't do drugs, he isn't a womanizer, and he's outspoken about his religious beliefs. He's not involved in politics of any kind, which should make his religion irrelevant to the more radical atheists among the DU posters.

Muhammed Ali is all those things, and I don't hear any DUers claiming he's evil. Maybe that's not a fair comparison, as Ali is old and from a different generation, but he is the athlete held up for my generation to view as a role model.
    Not only is Tebow not a womanizer, he's a virgin who has professed that he is saving sex for marriage.

Unlike many DUmmies who are celibate because they can't get laid in the first place. That loser Steve numbers comes to mind.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Not only is Tebow not a womanizer, he's a virgin who has professed that he is saving sex for marriage.
    Why would anyone make a public announcement of something that should be personal?
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why would anyone make a public announcement of something that should be personal?

Young people seem to be proud these days of their sexual activity. Why should someone be ashamed because he isn't a male slut? At least when he finally does find Miss Right, he won't be giving her HPV for a honeymoon present.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverhair View Post
    That is one of the milder hateful comments. DU shows just how vile they are in this thread.

He is soooo certain that it will happen.
    I agree. All he does is kneel before a football game. That's it. Nothing to get uptight and hateful about.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Funny how these leftists call Tebow evil but consider someone like Michael Vick a saint.
    Liberals tend to be big on animal rights. Some of them take it to a PETA level.

Any evidence that they tend to support Vick?

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Funny how these leftists call Tebow evil but consider someone like Michael Vick a saint.
    I have to really disagree with you, almost to a man/woman/sexualy confused person on DU really hate Vick over at DU, like 9 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Liberals tend to be big on animal rights. Some of them take it to a PETA level.

Any evidence that they tend to support Vick?
    That depends. Are the producers of Pokemon liberals?

--Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

How come no one ever gets his panties in a knot when you have something negative to say about Jehovah's Witnesses or Door to Door Mormons, but when the same attitude and opinion is applied to someone like Tebow it's a character flaw or shot across the bow of all Christians? Missionary Baptists are far from defining Christianity, they're just noisy.
    First of all, if you don't know the difference between Jehovah's Witnesses and baptists, then the discussion is over your head already.

Secondly, is it not a shot across the bow of all Christians? If you replace "Tim Tebow" with any other name, would the reaction from the retards be any different? Of course not. "Liberalism" has been all about this since the beginning, but it's out in the open now.