Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    Whats this talk of not having enough evidence? Grand Juries could indite a ham sandwhich.
    Yes, but then somebody has to convict it. If that doesn't happen, then you get massive rioting, and believe it or not, that's the last thing that the Democrats want. Massive civil disturbances before an election tend to hurt incumbents. Look at Chicago '68 or the Rodney King riots, both of which created an impression of impotence in the White House. The Crown Heights riot did the same thing to David Dinkins in NYC. Remember, Dinkins was elected to heal NYC's racial strife, and ended up alienating whites when he made things worse.

Here's the problem: If there isn't enough evidence to convict, then putting it in front of a grand jury might end up with a trial and acquittal, which doesn't serve Obama's reelection, although the race hustlers will get lots of air time and riots out of it, but that also doesn't benefit Obama's reelection. OTOH, if they decline to prosecute, then the meme of a white power establishment that's covering up the crime gains traction, which also benefits the race hustlers, but doesn't necessarily create a flashpoint for nationwide riots. Obama needs this to simmer, but not boil over.

And, don't discount the Latino vote. This could really backfire on Obama. Black/Latino relations in inner cities are not good, despite what liberals would have us believe. The FBI crime stats lump Latinos in under the white category, which drives up the white numbers, but black/white homicides tend to be black/Latino homicides, and the decision to treat Latinos as whites for the purpose of ginning up hate crimes hysteria won't go down well in the Barrio.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Yes, but then somebody has to convict it. If that doesn't happen, then you get massive rioting, and believe it or not, that's the last thing that the Democrats want. Massive civil disturbances before an election tend to hurt incumbents. Look at Chicago '68 or the Rodney King riots, both of which created an impression of impotence in the White House. The Crown Heights riot did the same thing to David Dinkins in NYC. Remember, Dinkins was elected to heal NYC's racial strife, and ended up alienating whites when he made things worse.

Here's the problem: If there isn't enough evidence to convict, then putting it in front of a grand jury might end up with a trial and acquittal, which doesn't serve Obama's reelection, although the race hustlers will get lots of air time and riots out of it, but that also doesn't benefit Obama's reelection. OTOH, if they decline to prosecute, then the meme of a white power establishment that's covering up the crime gains traction, which also benefits the race hustlers, but doesn't necessarily create a flashpoint for nationwide riots. Obama needs this to simmer, but not boil over.

And, don't discount the Latino vote. This could really backfire on Obama. Black/Latino relations in inner cities are not good, despite what liberals would have us believe. The FBI crime stats lump Latinos in under the white category, which drives up the white numbers, but black/white homicides tend to be black/Latino homicides, and the decision to treat Latinos as whites for the purpose of ginning up hate crimes hysteria won't go down well in the Barrio.
    Something tells me that Zimmerman prosecution = forget all Latino vote, especially in Florida. I don't think Obama can afford to throw away 27 Electoral votes.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

I've read other news accounts that Corey won't send anything to a Grand Jury, except first degree cases.

Could go either way;

If she brings charges and Zimmerman is found not guilty, riots.

If she doesn't bring charges, riots.

Good luck, Florida!

I don't think starting riots in a state that now has been accused of being gun hungry is a smart idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Teetop View Post
    I've read other news accounts that Corey won't send anything to a Grand Jury, except first degree cases.

Could go either way;

If she brings charges and Zimmerman is found not guilty, riots.

If she doesn't bring charges, riots.

Good luck, Florida!
    Teetop ...

That is my fear, also, as well as the fears of some of our friends down in Florida.

We left Fla. 4 years ago, after having lived there for 10 plus years.

Hang onto your hats, Hawkgirl, SR, and SLW! Things might just get nasty in many parts of the state.

Hell's bells ... most likely in many parts of the country, for that matter!

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC in Georgia View Post
    Teetop ...

That is my fear, also, as well as the fears of some of our friends down in Florida.

We left Fla. 4 years ago, after having lived there for 10 plus years.

Hang onto your hats, Hawkgirl, SR, and SLW! Things might just get nasty in many parts of the state.

Hell's bells ... most likely in many parts of the country, for that matter!

~ ABC
    It would be...most unwise...for anyone to get "nasty" with us.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Just stand your ground, SR.

*snicker*
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

*snicker*
    He'll mow um down!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post

*snicker*

I think I'll give the AR's and the SKS a cleaning and oiling tomorrow. The ION Cannon is such a bitch!!!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Oh my, SR ...

Just coming back in to chuckle and collect my fee for being the "straight-man" ... er, woman ... in message #15, that led to all the following witty comments.

~ ABC
    American By Choice ~ 1980