1. #1 DUmmies think Rush is gone in Philadelphia 
    when he's just switching stations.

http://www.democraticunderground.com/1002538637

Tx4obama (18,125 posts) Profile Journal Send DU Mail Ignore

BREAKING: Rush Limbaugh dropped from major Philadelphia radio station

ThinkProgress ‏ @thinkprogress

BREAKING: Rush Limbaugh dropped from major Philadelphia radio station http://thkpr.gs/HtwuLO

http://twitter.com/thinkprogress/sta...81238493528064

IamK (703 posts)
    17. the article says he is just switching stations to get on live vs. recorded....

The owner of WPHT, CBS Radio, said in a statement on Monday afternoon, “Premiere recently notified WPHT they will be syndicating Rush Limbaugh on a new station in Philadelphia. As a result, we are pleased to be able to now showcase Michael, who is a well-known and acclaimed broadcaster in the market, in this new time period.”

Mr. Smerconish is a relative rarity on radio: a moderate. He has interviewed President Obama and has filled in for Chris Matthews on the MSNBC program “Hardball” a number of times.

His radio program is syndicated across the country, but until now WPHT has time-delayed it in Philadelphia. With the move by Mr. Limbaugh, it can be played live in his home market.

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.co...estv&seid=auto

How long do you think it will take for the DUmmies to notice?

looking at that thread...it'll be years before they find the truth
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

R.I.P. Crockspot

Smirconish is not a moderate. He's a flip-flopper. During the Bush years he was rah-rah America but once Obama took office, he was up Obama's ass so fast that he can tell what he had for breakfast.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Key details simply "escape" liberals.........

Premiere Radio is moving the show to an FM station in the same market. They've been doing that a lot lately to get a better signal.

I know that WMAL has gone to an FM freq and there's a couple more (Pittsburgh IRRC) that are making the move too.

Smerconish is an Err Amerika type idiot.

Anyone want to guess which station is gonna see a jump in listeners and advertising $$$ and which isn't?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Smirconish is not a moderate. He's a flip-flopper. During the Bush years he was rah-rah America but once Obama took office, he was up Obama's ass so fast that he can tell what he had for breakfast.
    You aint kidding, he had is nose so far up obamas ass during that interview he did with him.

In my proessional opinion moving shows like Rush's to an FM talker is a last ditch effort to stem the tide of people switching to satellite radio and webcasts/podcasts of the same show. Either of which provide better quality and in the case of satellite...stereo quality sound of the show.

Talk radio on a national level is done on terrestrial radio (traditional radio signals) if Rush every makes the jump to Sirius/XM. Hannity and Levin are already there and Andrew Wilkow has quite a following too...it's just a matter of time...probably when the latest contract Rush has with Premiere expires...his new deal will include a simulcast of his show on Patriot 123.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by Bailey View Post
    You aint kidding, he had is nose so far up obamas ass during that interview he did with him.
    The funny thing is that during the Bush years, his rhetoric was very conservative. I used to listen to him every morning while he lambasted the Dixie Chicks and agreed with the Iraq War. Then Obama gets elected and his turn left was so fast that I'm surprised he didn't get whiplash. As for WPHT, they already lost Beck, Hannity, and their audience for Phillies games because they are also broadcast on 94.1FM WIP(formerly WYSP). The trend is to go FM. AM is dying a slow death.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.