Thread: Jail

1. #1 Jail 
    Anyone else watch this show? Man, speaking as a CO in a state institution, these guys are severely underpaid. But this show is hilarious. Act up and it's the chair for you. We have to get a bill through congress and signed by the president to use the chair but these guys use it if you just kick a door. Nice. Oh, and this is the chair:
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I've never heard of it. I have a few friends who are CO's who've shared some great stories. Especially about new inmates who thought they were going to take over a table game, or some other prison racket. As well as new guards who tried to be too nit-picky and not realize they need the prisoners and gang leaders for protection as well. I wouldn't do what they do, for the peanuts they're paid, and constant civil liability they face... they always seem to be hiring though!
    Last edited by Artois; 04-19-2012 at 02:46 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Anyone else watch this show? Man, speaking as a CO in a state institution, these guys are severely underpaid. But this show is hilarious. Act up and it's the chair for you. We have to get a bill through congress and signed by the president to use the chair but these guys use it if you just kick a door. Nice. Oh, and this is the chair:
    Jail is terrific TV. The characters are made for TV. I watch Jail whenever I can. Lock-up was OK, but I'm getting to the point where I know the inmates by name for lack of new episodes.

Jail is good because unlike Lock-up, which is filmed in prison, you don't have the segregation which can render an entire program less interesting. I absolutely despise listening to prison rap, music, poetry, etc... I like the story, not the art. I like the conversation, not the drama.

Lock-up Abroad was a really good show. It changed some of my ideas about corrections.

Jail can be hilarious. The call girl making fun of the crackwhore was great.

Another good show is the cop's with borg implants. I can't remember the name of it. Bait Car can be fun too.

Texas correctional Officers get paid reasonably well and the benefits package is damn good from what I've been told by some CO's.

Have several that work for me. They love it they work 12 hr shifts 4 days on 4 days off. Take 4 days off from work they are gone for almost 2 weeks.
    One was hurt in a car accident and didn't work for 6 mos. Had been at The CO job 6 1/2 yrs. Had enough time banked that he never missed a paycheck and still had banked time when he returned to work.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.